Re-june-venate!

AngRoCamp

We helped you jumpstart your January and now it's time to re-JUNE-venate your focus on scrapbooking! Join us on the message board this month for "Re-JUNE-venate"! This is a message board game and challenge that focuses on taking time to scrapbook regularly despite the little speedbumps of life. When the month is over you'll have completed several layouts and been challenged and treated to some fun along the way... with prize opportunities thrown in as well!

A member of the Welcoming Committee will post a mini-challenge/task every day from June 1-30. The tasks will be formatted in LARGE PURPLE FONT for ease of locating in this thread as it grows. Some tasks will require message board participation, email responses or gallery posting. Read each daily task carefully to see what is required of you. Those who complete all tasks and submit or post required participation will be entered in a drawing to win one of three $10 Gift Certificates to the ScrapGirls Boutique! Those who complete just the layouts will be entered in a drawing to win one of two $5 gift certificates. Those who complete just the speedbumps will be entered in a drawing for one of two $3 gift certificates. (Those who complete all tasks will have their name entered in all three drawings!)

A few tips to making this month a successful one!

• Stay on top of the daily tasks. Don't get more than a day or two behind if you can help it!
  • Read the "task requirement" listed with each task so you know how to get credit for completing the task.
  • When you post a task requirement to this thread always remember to label it with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct task.
  • Create a single email draft or word document to be sent at the end of the month with various task requirements included. Label each task in your email with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct tasks. ONLY tasks that specify emailing should be included. (For example, task #1 does NOT need to be included in your month-end email because its requirement is to post something to this thread.)
  • Keep chatter about the game in the "Re-JUNE-venate Chit Chat" thread. Keep this thread for tasks, task-related questions for the Welcoming Committee and task requirements only.

Join us in June for some serious scrapbooking re-JUNE-venation!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #1

Clear off your memory card(s), delete duplicates/duds that you know you don't need, and organize the remaining photos in your preferred organization method.

Task requirement: Post to this thread and attach one of your favorite photos that you took off your card and organized. (Keep file size to less than 100 kb please)

Task #1 Here's a photo I took the other day while I was out for a walk. The card is cleared, reformatted and back in the camera, the RAW photos saved as tiff files, into the correct folders, labeled and now one posted. Hope I post this right.

Task #1

Sandi - awesome photo!

At first I thought I'd have nothing on my card, because I just did this. But after looking, I saw that, while I was organizing photos I'd just taken off, Dom came in the office with a paper plate. he'd been using it to slide around on the floor. I took some quick pics from my chair - not one of the photos came out. But this one is my favorite.

I have been keeping up with clearing off my memory card and organizing my files. So, I only have a few pictures on the card. This is my favorite one. When we came home from church and shopping yesterday, we found our cat sleeping in the cupboard and a mess on the floor. She had knocked off container of Nesquick strawberry milk powder off of the counter. The kids fell all over themselves to help clean it up.

TASK #1 - This is funny. I just reorganized my photos yesterday and downloaded some older ones to a CD. I only had about 10 left on my memory card, and I guess this is my favorite of those. I took it a week or so ago when I was taking photos for a challenge I was doing. When we built our house 10 years ago, I had to fight hard to get plain, simple bookshelves in the living room. The builder kept wanting to make them fancy, and I wanted working bookshelves. Then came the search for a ladder, which took a while, but we found one and gave it to ourselves for Christmas that year. So that is why the photo is a favorite for me. TFL. And I just cleared off my memory card, so I'm ready for June.

Memory card is clean & ready to go! This is a pic I took during Peyton's 2nd birthday celebration at her MaMa & PaPa's house. She is sitting on her Daddy's lap....clapping after she blew out her candles! She looooooved having everyone sing to her, she even conducted us!

Cool task! I just did that yesterday morning. :) And now a funny for you. When I read the post I read it this way:

Re (as in the short form for regarding) June Venate (like this Ven-ah-tay)..........so Re: June Ven-ah-tay .... and then I wondered "What's a venate? Sounds like a drink from Starbucks...and maybe Ang wants us to try one. Nice!" LOL Imagine how silly I felt when I figured it out! LOL

Anyway - here's a picture from my SD card. It's of a little bouquet I made from flowers in the garden. The lily-of-the-valley smelled amazing in the kitchen! :)

TASK#1

I'm pretty organized with my photo's. Whenever I do download, I rename them to what the photo's are, and also put the date on them as well. If there of various photo's and nothing in particular I have a folder label various and separate by date. I had dress rehearsal on my stick from Thursday night, so I downloaded it a Dress Rehearsal folder for 2009. Here's my favorite.

Task #1

Pix downloaded from memory card and organized - check

Memory card erased - check

Upload fav photo from recent d/l - check

This was fooling around with the macro-setting and perspective. I wasn't laying down, just holding the cam facing up - didn't know what I was going to get LOL. I hope I can keep up with being Re-June-Venated!

Task #1

Here's mine. Love this task. Can't wait to do more. This is DH reading to the girls after supper one night. James and the Giant Peach was one of his favorite books as a kid. It's fun to see (and hear) him share it with our girls.

Task #1

I had just cleared my card (trying to do it monthly)! - so this prompted me to organize and delete. It is sooooo hard for me to get rid of the duds - don't ask me why. Anyhow, I love this photo of my nephew at his graduation - Mr. Cool!

Task #1 - completed!

My photo is of our bedroom rejuvenation project, which we just finished this past weekend. We repainted it from cream colored walls to this and added a chair rail in the rest of the room and a wallpaper border. After 20 years of marriage, we finally got new bedroom furniture, too!

TASK #1

Well I don't have my current card with me from my camera, but I have a backup card, which needs to be organized,cleared and formatted. All taken care of, this was a great excercise because this card has pictures from our trip to Alaska in June of 2008.

There were plenty of favorite here, particularly this one of sea lions.

Task #1

This is one area where I'm completely on top of the organization. I usually download everything from my two cameras on the day they were taken and then clear the card. This is a picture from the most recent down load, taken on a hike in the Ochoco Mountains in eastern Oregon.

Task #1

I cleaned off my card twice yesterday from a wonderful weekend I had with family. I also took some pics with my aunts dslr and had those downloaded also. I had over 300 pics to organize.

Here is my favorite. My son discovered a love of horses. I think we had to pry him off. We spent the day at my aunt and uncle's horse ranch.

Task 1 completed!

I just read about this in the newsletter and hurried over here. I enjoyed Jumpstart January so much (I think it's still in my signature!) and I hoped the idea would be repeated.

My memory card is clear. I clear it daily, usually. I only took 5 photos today (2 of them since reading this thread!) and none were duplicates or duds. I had Photoshop uploader put them in their own folder in my chronological filing system as usual. (I have recently downloaded Picasa and am trying that out, but went with the old way today.) Then I captioned them.

Here is one of my photos from today. My daughters had a lot of fun with kitchen science experiments today. It's naptime/quiet time now. We'll clean up the mess later. :)

Task #1

Okay Ladies cross your fingers that the picture is there after I post this. . .

This picture is of my "newest furbaby" Bear. ..He was dropped off (MUCH SMALLER THEN) in the middle of the worest snowstorm here in Ohio this past winter. . .Sub-zero temps & some one put him in a box honked the hork of their car & took off. . .Did I mentioned that they jumped 2 ft snowdrifts in our yard to PLACE him on our front steps??? How could they give up that FACE. . . As I said he was MUCH MUCH smaller then but STILL. . .

Okay Monkey check the list plez. . .Down loaded pictures. . .YES

Put pictures in proper folders. . .YES

Memory Card reformatted. . .YES

Picture uploaded to this thread. . .Monkey Cross your toes

Organizing Task completed. Here is my interesting photo. We saw this house underway on the water. The house was towing 2, yes 2, boats!

By the way, my husband says this looks like a "Red-Neck Yacht Club".

Task #1

This picture was taken on my camera that I always have in my purse. Every time we head down to Temecula to see our friends I always see this sign and always want to take a picture, but always to late, or the picture always came out blurry since I am taking the photo as we are driving past it on the freeway. This time I was able to get a pretty good shot.

Task # 1

Cleared memory card - done (I do this every time I download pics from camera)

Deleted duplicates/duds - done

Organized photos - done

This is my cat Bullit - the chair he is sleeping in is a crushed velvet wing backed chair my husband bought in March of this year to sit in as he read or watched TV, but no sooner did we get it in the house but Bullit decided that we had bought it for him and I think my husband has seat in it maybe a half a dozen times.

Archived