Re-june-venate Chit Chat Thread

AngRoCamp

Ha! Lesson learned from jumpstart january......make new document to keep track of everything that needs to be sent in at the end. I did that the first day, so now all I have to go do is fill it in. I love these games. Ang does such a great job.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I have a layout posted for Task #3 in the gallery but I don't know how to put a link on the message board. I know there someone who can help me....hmmm who will it be...Thanks in advance!!!

:cowwave:

Hi All,

I have a layout posted for Task #3 in the gallery but I don't know how to put a link on the message board. I know there someone who can help me....hmmm who will it be...Thanks in advance!!!

If you go to where you leave a response and type in what you want to say, look just above the black line that binds the box you are typing in, and you will see little rounded boxes that follow along the top of this response box. The first one has a "b" on it. The second box has an italicized "i", the third for underlining has a "u" underlined. Then there are two "Aa's" in a rectangular box. Next is the smiley face in a rectangular box, then the GREEN ARROW. This is the box you want when you are leaving a link.

Now open up a new tab and go to the layout you want in your link. Up at the top of your computer screen is the place where you type in an address that will take you to a certain page, such as the boutique or say a layout in the gallery. If you right click on the address you want to show here, and click on the word copy in the little box that pops up, while your cursor is over the address, it will copy it. Go to the green arrow box and click on it. you will see a place where in blue it says http://. Right click on the blue (make sure it's still blue) and choose the word paste in the box that pops up, and it will copy your address to that space. Click okay. Now it will say please type in a title. You can delete the blue or type over it and type in what you want your title to be. Click okay and it should show your bb code to add it to your typed words in this box. It will look funny in your response but that is okay. It's just code to make it work.

Now go down to where you click on the rectangle box that says, add reply below here where you are typing. (you already do this every time you leave a post) Right next to it is a rectangle box that says preview post. Click on it to see what your post will look like. (you don't have to do this, I'm just suggesting it here for you to see if you've done it right, it's a way to check). it will show up on top of this white box you are typing in. Look it over and see if an underlined address shows up with your title that you gave it. You can even click it if you want. If it does, go back down and click add reply to add your post to the game.

Hi All,

Katie I will help you this time. But I'm giving you step by step directions here too. Where you posted your layout at the top of your page is the http://scrapgirls...blahblahblahblah...select that and copy.

:D and then you go to the actual game thread click on Fast reply at the bottom and then it will open up as you know...you will see a bunch of stuff like b for bold, i for italics, u for underline, smiley faces with drop down box and the next one which is what you want looks like a GREEN Plus sign. Click on that. It will open up a pop up that will already have a part of a http:// in it. Delete that and then hit ctrl-v at the same time and it will paste the link you just copied above. Then click okay and another part will pop up...thats the one you type in your title of your layout and then click okay. It will paste in here like a LONG string that is still highlighted. To deselect the highlight...hit the right arrow key on your keyboard and then add enter if you want to type some more stuff....and then click on add reply and it will do that :)

here is how it will look when you are done and this is your layout by the way. So you can click on this link and then do as suggested above :)

Katie's Layout

I'm seeing a lot of posts about being done with Task #4 even though we were told there was no need. I think it's confusing having different ways to reply.

With me I did it because it made me feel good to post something I did, and I saw the others..... :dancingstickman:

Task #4 1/2 done!:) LOL! Actually that's the first thing I always do when these kinds of games begin. I copy all the tasks in order at the top of the document so I can review quickly what the tasks were, and X them off when I finish them (add a different color "X" next to the task number). Then below all the tasks I keep track of the links I need to email at the end of the month. When it comes time to email, I just delete the task list from the top of the document!

Thank you Vaughnde and Rosemary for the help...I new I could count on you! :respect:

Katie. . ."V" & Rosemary are the "newbie wranglers". . I know this cause they walk me through every new step I take. . .

Looking for #5 today. :D. Can't wait to see what's next. I'm sure it will be something fun.

I'm sure it will be. I have finished my first cup of coffee, and am ready to go.

Morning. . .Here's the sweet & low for your coffee dear. . .

Looking for #5 today. :D. Can't wait to see what's next. I'm sure it will be something fun.

I'm sure it will be. I have finished my first cup of coffee, and am ready to go.

Morning. . .Here's the sweet & low for your coffee dear. . .

You are so sweet, but monkey can have my sweet and low; I'm an old Navy wife, so I drink mine black, unless it's a fancy one from Starbucks.

The task has been posted for half hour and no one is yelling at me yet??? I was SURE I would be utterly despised by 8 am. ;)

No despising going on here, but it isn't going to be an easy task. For me it is going to be hard on the eyes. But I am a persistant old codger, and I will do it.

The task has been posted for half hour and no one is yelling at me yet??? I was SURE I would be utterly despised by 8 am. ;)

No despising going on here, but it isn't going to be an easy task. For me it is going to be hard on the eyes. But I am a persistant old codger, and I will do it.

That's the spirit! :D

I saw it, Rosemary. But I really believe you are a prime candidate for "Boutique Therapy". Strolling through the boutique and looking for fine details takes your mind off all the other stuff going on in your life. By the end of the month you'll thank me for it (and you'll probably own a new collection if you don't have all these). ;)

I saw it, Rosemary. But I really believe you are a prime candidate for "Boutique Therapy". Strolling through the boutique and looking for fine details takes your mind off all the other stuff going on in your life. By the end of the month you'll thank me for it (and you'll probably own a new collection if you don't have all these). ;)

Oh, ZAZ always thinking of me. How sweet! LOL. You're a hoot! I've already spent the last hour and a half looking. Not good for my ds's album due next week. :disappearing-smilie:

p.s. check out the funnies this morning. :D

Archived