I Just Bought A New Dslr

I am so happy and a little scared. I bought a Canon Rebel XS yesterday at Best Buy. I have always wanted as DLSR but couldn't afford it so I saved up my money and now I have it. The reason I said I was a little scared is because I have never used anything but a point and shoot before. However I am willing to learn everything I can about shooting with the new camera.

:dancingchicken2:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! A DSLR is on my wish list as well :) The best advice I ever received about using my camera was to read the manual. Silly I know, but I learned a ton about the functionality and was able to take it off point and shoot mode :) Can't wait to see your photos.

I second what Janine said about Dinny's book! Thats on my wish list. You are GONNA have so much fun with that Camera! That type of Camera is what I want to get then I can pass on my Canon Powershot Point and Shoot to my daughter....She's totally FRUSTRATED with my parent's outdated Nikon!

Wooo hoooo! I've had my Nikon DSLR since February....and I love it. I'm ashamed to say I haven't learned as much about it as I wanted to by now....but I treat it like a newborn....so I will have it for years to come! :) Have fun with your new awesome toy Lois!!!

Congratulations! I got my Sony A300 a couple of months ago and I immediately went to Amazon and purchased a book specifically for this camera. It give a lot of hints not contained in the instruction manual. It was approx $12. and very well worth the cost.

They have them for the major brand DSLR's. I'm not familiar with Dinny's book but maybe I should be! lol

You are going to have so much fun with your new camera. Enjoy and keep on shooting!

Dinny's book is awesome. Very easy to understand and well written. I am currently saving for my first dslr. I just got to use my Aunt's this weekend. It was lots of fun. Enjoy your new toy.

Archived