Has There Ever Been A Buddy System On Here

Guest jemmia

Guest jemmia
just wondered what people thought about some kind of buddy system, where newbies could be matched up with a volunteer buddy who would look out for them when online at scrapgirls, maybe answer questions, find them help or even just to encourage.

remember what is was like in the begiinning and how daunting it all seemed. everyone was so friendly but would of like someone who would of showed me the ropes.

dont know how feasable this idea is or what it would take to organise, just a thought!

I think that's a great idea, I remember what it was like starting out. I would of loved to have a buddy.

Let's see what the response is to this thread and maybe that's something we could bring up to Ro and get her thoughts on it.

Guest jezleave
I think that is a great idea. When I come onto a new board, I try to reach out to another newbie (not that I could tell them much, but I know what it's like to be welcomed, and it feels good). I'm still new, but I would be willing to help.

Jez

Since Ro happens to be sitting in my studio, lol, I had her make an executive decision. She says a buddy system is a great idea!

Start a thread in the meet and greet section: Want a buddy? and then you guys can volunteer as you like and we'll see how it goes!

Guest grannygirl
:toot:

That really sounds great to me. I need all the help I can get.You have my vote.

grannygirl

Guest jemmia
have put post up in meet and greet as directed but so far no newbies signed up for help and no volunteers offering to help either :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Guest jemmia
have put a post in meet and greet so we shall see what happens not much interest so far then which has to be a good sign for Ro, means she is doing such a good job no one needs a buddy for help lol :breakdance:

Archived