7 replies to this topic

#1 Robin820

Robin820

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:10 AM

I'm collecting info ... I have been in the market for a laptop for ages. I simply can't afford the ones I want (nothing new :) ) I recently read the blog - and Ro's email - about scrapping on a netbook. So I want to explore that option. Can anyone give me specifics? The screens seem very small - is it workable? Most of the ones I've seen are only running with 1g of ram - is it fast enough? I wouldn't assume to load all my digi scrap stuff - but can you load more than the stuff for one page?

I will probably end up with a laptop - Microsoft and I have this strange relationship. Every time they release a new OS, my computer dies. So with Win 7 coming out in October, I'm worried that I may have another replacement :) But a netbook sounds like sooo much fun! And so portable!! Twice a year, my friends and I go to Scrap Camp for a weekend. And I sooooo want to go with just a computer and not haul 42,000 tons of supplies! A netbook would be PERFECT!!

Thanks!!
Roberta

#2 DDecker

DDecker

Live, Laugh, Love, Eat Chocolate!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,893 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a mom, wife, sister, friend and daughter not necessarily in that order.

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

I know that Theresa runs PSE7 on her netbook. I am not sure what the specs of hers is though. I love these cute little machines too!
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. reinhold niebuhr

#3 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:06 PM

I just got a netbook and I'm going to try to run PSE6 on it. Since I just got it today, haven't tried it yet. I did get a 2GB memory upgrade, but haven't installed it yet. I'll get back to you once I've tried it. I'm still just trying to set my preferences tonight. Its sure different from my laptop. I got this for being able to carry it around with me all day and stay connected. The computers at work have FB blocked and are very slow. So I ordered one, and it arrived today. Of course SGs was the first site I went to to bookmark. LOL. I think this is going to be a lot of fun, but doubt I'll be able to do any serious scrapping on it. We'll see, Ill surely try it.
Posted Image

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 mimes1

mimes1

Loving This Purple Place

• Creative Team
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

These are awfully cute little things. It's funny to me how just a few months ago it seems that bigger was better, now the market is flooded with these little tikes! I guess something for the whole family!

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngButton_Published.png

#5 mimes1

mimes1

Loving This Purple Place

• Creative Team
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

BTW, I would love one of these to tuck with me wherever I go!

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngButton_Published.png

#6 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

I've got mine with me right now. I'm visiting my cousin and am staying in the hotel with my little baby 'puter. I haven't changed the memory yet and tried to load PSE, but have played farmtown for sure. I took it to work with me earlier today and it was so easy to tote around wherever I went. I will fit in a medium to large purse. I wouldn't want to do all my scrapping on it, but I think it will be fine for just a quick bit of work on the go. I think the screen is too small for any really detailed work, at least to my old eyes. I've used it off and on all day and the battery is still going strong. I did get a model with a 6 cell battery.
Posted Image

#7 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,415 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:40 PM

My husband has wanted a little laptop for years. He has one all picked out for Father's Day.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#8 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:19 AM

I think he'll have a very good Father's day gift April. This little baby is just sweet. I can see that I'll be using it a lot. Will try to get the memory changed out today and try the PSE on it to see how it goes. My old Laptop only had 512 MB memory and ran PSE 6 just fine, so shouldn't be much of a problem. May not be quite like my other LT but there is a right tool for everyjob and this little baby's job is to go, go, go.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users