What Paper Do You Use To Print A Digi Card

Guest hally17

Guest hally17
hello,
I have just purchased a couple of the Scrap Simple card templates, I'm now wondering what sort of paper I should print them on. I want them to be completely digital, I'm not going to print out the parts seperately, should I use photo paper or heavy weight paper or card, having not done this before I could do with some advice please!!.
Thanks for any replies
Nicola

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JulieB
I use Hammermill Color Copy Cover. It's a very bright white (98 brightness) and a 60 lb. weight. It has a very nice, smooth finish that is on both sides which is great. This is also excellent for the envelopes. Here's a fun 'special' tip - pull your paper pattern into your envelope template & print it out. Then print out a full page of a coordinating paper pattern (I usually fade it out a bit) putting your first printed paper (with the envelope shape you printed) back in the printer upside down and when you put your envelope together, it will have a coordinating lining. Just adds a special touch that everyone notices. I hope I described this to make sense.

Probably 95% of the time, I do separate the parts of my digital card projects so I can be even more creative and get more dimension.

I also wanted to tell you that depending on the look you want to achieve or the 'texture' of the digital paper, if it's more appropriate, I use Bazzill cardstock. It's available in what seems like a million colors and several different textures. For example, if the digi-kit papers are of a linen type texture, I will probably print on the Bazzill Basic texture cardstock as the 2 then blend together perfectly and it maintains that softer look that I think is appropriate for linen...I just buy white and it prints in beautiful vivid color.
Cardmaking is my absolute LOVE and I have experimented with alot of effects. I'd be happy to share any other bits of info you may be interested in.
Julie

I have a Canon printer so I use Canon paper. I have played with other papers and found it best to stay within the brand especially when printing photos that I want archival quality.

My parents have an Epson and have found the same thing.

I do suggest a heavy weight gloss or semi gloss paper and a good scorer for the fold.

Guest hally17
Thanks everyone for the advice and tips.
I printed a card on some matte photo paper and found it looked a bit 'soft' around the edges so I might try a satin or semi gloss finish next time.
Thanks again
Nicola

Guest Cropnpix
JulieB, do you have any of your cards in the gallery? I'd love to see them! Cool idea about the matching paper lining on the envie.

Guest JulieB
[quote name='Cropnpix' post='48868' date='Jun 24 2006, 09:42 PM']JulieB, do you have any of your cards in the gallery? I'd love to see them! Cool idea about the matching paper lining on the envie.[/quote]

Susan,

Thanks so much for asking. I just posted a few tonight and have had a couple posted for a few weeks. They're in the gallery, in the subcategory: CARDS

Julie
:dancingchicken:

Archived