Did The Home Page Change?

Elisha

ahhhhh! I do like the purple ... it's our signature color and I've become quite fond of it! Just seeing it soothes me (he-he)). But, you are right, the background definitely makes for a nice transition to the mb. And, the more I look at the home page, the more I like it! I love that new members and visitors will be able to find the freebies and newsletter signups immediately. Even your Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed is easy to find and I was always having to leave links for new members and visitors. Now I can just direct them back to the home page because it is ALL there!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody is offering you all kinds of suggestions so I thought I might add a thought from a "fairly newbie" perspective. You have plenty of room in the last section and that's a place I would be clicking to find out what SG was all about as a first time visitor. Could the fonts be larger in this area? I do like all the pointy fingers to help call attention to stuff, and I do like the horizontal template format as opposed to the vertical columns. I tend to not pay as much attention to stuff written to the sides as much as I read more carefully the stuff written right down the middle.

Again ... it was fun to be going back and forth between pages and watch the change happen. Great surprise for all of us.

:toot: :toot: for Ro! Nice work.

I'm liking the purple background. The stuff at the bottom looks much better (in Chrome) than it did earlier.

Kay... The reason that it looks like there is extra room down there is because of the browser you are using. All of the browsers show it differently, which makes is super hard to work out. The content is at the very bottom when you look at it in Google Chrome. (As you saw, Sara...)

It took me hours and hours to get it figured out! Each browser showed things that the others did not.

Appreciate the feedback!

WOW, fell back in my chair when i first opened it up... love the purple. love the yellow background, the only thing that worried me was the bright red boxes and black text, usually these two work okay but the red seems to be in direct opposition to the purple and fights with it altho' it does stand out which is what we want sooooo...IMO of course. the black on the red seems to flare to my eyes but then it could just be my bright screen giving that off... maybe making the red boxes back into purple might word, once again just my own opinion. love the pointers to everything, think they make it a lot easier to see what is what, love the different sections offering all the different things we have but within their own area, if that makes any sense.

I would make the Scrapgirls name tag bigger.. show the name off more... love the sticky tape, just would make the whole thing bigger so it is THERE right in front of our eyes..

please Ro, these are just my own opinions, I'm amazed at what a wonderful job you have done, think you need a holiday after this, LOL...

Okay, here's the scoop:

1. I am trying out the purple box, per Jo's suggestion. The red box I want people to look at down the page is the Secrets box so it is good to have it jump out like that. The purple also allows you to see the black boxes the most, which is what I am after. We need people to get on our newsletter list! (So as to survive.)

2. Barb... What a good thought! I didn't think of putting the convention on the page. Duh. I put it right up at the top because it is so important. THANKS!

3. Logo stays the same size. While we want people to know our website, it isn't the most important thing on the page.... everything else is. Ever notice how small Amazon's logo is? There's a reason. Believe it or not, it is actually the same size - the same logo - as before. Taping it to the background makes you notice it more than before. It used to just appear as background stuff.

The page is getting better and better, thanks to everyone's feedback. Of course, there is only so far I can go with it, but I love taking your feedback, whenever it makes sense to do it... so it's important that I get it!

Want to know something else? The old page had pretty much the same information on it. Apparently, you didn't realize that I was showing off all of that product stuff. And obviously... I NEEDED to change the layout because everyone is remarking about seeing it for the first time.

And WOOO HOOOO!!!! I figured out what was wrong with the slide show. I have it working again.

Success! (I can die happy.)

wow Ro, you are quick, went away for 5 mins and wahlah... purple box... looks heaps better, to me, LOL. but I totally understand about the red box about secrets so that is good but LOVE the new way of displaying the products, think that works a treat.

so glad you are happy but pleeeeeze, don't die, LOL

Just got on for today and love the new look!! It is less scrolling up and down to get to see everything on the home page. I agree that it is a great change. Change is good is my mantra!!

Kay... The reason that it looks like there is extra room down there is because of the browser you are using. All of the browsers show it differently, which makes is super hard to work out. The content is at the very bottom when you look at it in Google Chrome. (As you saw, Sara...)

It took me hours and hours to get it figured out! Each browser showed things that the others did not.

Appreciate the feedback!

Oh my goodness, I didn't think about all the different browsers. I'll bet my big screen changes how things look, too. Just know how much we all appreciate your work and the fantastic creative team you have as a part of SGs. It is so fun to make connections with people all over the world. I'm sure you know that doesn't happen in all forums no matter what the subject/hobby. :D Scrap Girls are the best! :clap:

Love it Ro! I do prefer the purple box over the red. I know we were going for eye catching but my ADD wouldn't let me focus on anything BUT the red! LOL.

I like the Twitter and Facebook Links front and center too! So much good stuff and now it is all easy to find :-)

I do hope you got some sleep as I see you are still lurking here!

OH! My goodness! I found it, and Ro, it is AWESOME - just AWESOME - I had to restart my computer - and then, there is was, this beautiful new SG Homepage. I love, love, love it! Kudos to the designers who came up with this "redecoration" - can you come to my house next?

Thanks for always making this warm and soft fuzzy place a soft place to land! You guys are the best!

I use Safari - could that be why I am not seeing the new homepage? Anyone else use Safari?

Hi Sara,

I have Safari installed, and the new home page loads up OK. You probably need to clear your cache. I'm a little unfamiliar with Safari, so forgive me if this doesn't work. Go to History --> Clear History. Then close and reopen Safari and try the SG home page again.

I really do like the new home page! The horizontal format is cool and very stylish. It's good to have a change now and then. And I know how much work it was! I just shudder when one of my clients starts talking about a "new, fresh" look for their site ;-)

Very good work! Just love it!

Ro, I love the new home page. I sympathize with "how do I get more stuff on the page and keep it organized?" I've been struggling with a makeover of my own business' site.

One of my favorite books on web page design is Don't Make me Think by Steve Krug. One of his sayings is to "Face up to it: your home page is out of your control" with regard to ALL the many things a home page needs to do, include, etc. If you haven't read it, you'll get a kick out of it.

Awesome job, really improved organization! You go, girl!

wow Ro, you are quick, went away for 5 mins and wahlah... purple box... looks heaps better, to me, LOL. but I totally understand about the red box about secrets so that is good but LOVE the new way of displaying the products, think that works a treat.

so glad you are happy but pleeeeeze, don't die, LOL

This girl just makes me laugh!!! Love the purple box, as everyone else has mentioned. The new look ROCKS, Ro!

WOWZER! Ro, you and your staff have outdone yourselves. I love the new look to the homepage. Everything is so easy to find and I love that new background color. Not so crazy about the black boxes with white text, but that's my humble opinion. Only thing I miss is the title of the collection popping up when your mouse passes over the image, like it does in the newsletter. Don't know if that was how it was on the old homepage, as I didn't spend muxh time on it before. But now I will, as it's so pretty.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

:dancing_penguin::dancingelephant::dancing_penguin::breakdance:

:toot::toot::toot:

Archived