Canon Dslr Users - Digital Photo Pro Vs. Lightroom?

Becca

I have been quite happy with the software that came with my Canon Rebel. Digital Photo Professional has been a wonderful tool for processing RAW photos and organizing. Adobe Lightroom's been on my wish list, but on a back burner, because I've been so content with DPP.

And then our designers throw me a curveball and start making Lightroom presets that I just love!

So for those of you that have both DPP and Lightroom, what do you have to say about it? Is it worth that extra price tag? Tell me more...

Just got Lightroom and haven't even installed it yet, but from the reading about it and from many comments from professionals, its the way to go. and now we have presets and I bet there are more to come

didnt know there were lr presets in the boutique...when did i miss this....off to see them

thanks for posting this becca....and i love lr.... have the canon software but dont really use it...

I'm downloading the free trial right now... There are 5 minutes left...

I'm taking a photography class this summer at the local community college and I want more then PSE4 has to offer, but I'm still not sure that I want to take the finical leap to buy CS4 and I like that there are presets that I don't have to keep doing the exact same thing to my photos.

I just learned Lightroom and I love it. Debbie Layden got me hooked on it. Unfortunately my trial runs out tomorrow. I am definitely going to be saving up for it. (Sorry I don't know much about the other software.)

I don't want to do the trial, because that would be such a tease, if I can't squeeze it in the budget in 30 days. I just splurged on a new widescreen monitor this week (should be here today!) - couldn't stand that scratch right in the middle anymore.

DH said "go ahead" to Lightroom, but somehow I think I'd rather take the kids to Hershey Park in the next month or so instead.

Guest Peppi

I thaught for a long time, nah what can Lightroom what Camera RAW in Photoshop cannot. Then I decided to download the trial and hey!!!! awesome. All my photos on my LOs are Lightroom processed. I am an addict.

I know people in the US who got it cheeper because their kids are in school. I got informed that Adobe has changed the conditions. If you have a kid in school, with a certificate you can get it way cheaper. That might be interesting.

Archived