9 replies to this topic

#1 no.hiking

no.hiking

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:22 PM

I am so new to this and very confused. Can someone tell me the difference between Photoshop and Photoshop Elements? I was looking into purchasing a scanner and it comes with Photoshop but was wondering if Elements is a better program?

#2 PBarnes

PBarnes

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:24 PM

Your scanner comes with Photoshop? Do you know which version. Photoshop is a much more extensive program than Photoshop Elements. Elements is great for digiscrapping, but you can do a lot more with the full version of Photoshop.

#3 cherise

cherise

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:32 PM

Double check the software that comes with the scanner - it may be a "LE" version, which is a Limited Edition. I don't know exactly what you can do with the LE as far as scrapbooking goes. It is likely not the full version of Photoshop. But given the choice between the LE version of Photoshop and the full version of Photoshop *Elements*, I would probably choose Photoshop Elements. The reason is because it would be newer. Apparently the LE version was what PSE *used* to be called. Here's a wiki article about it:

http://en.wikipedia....toshop_Elements

Cherise

New Products now in the Boutique:

COL_ExoticCollection_MKTG_150.jpg     COL_AYOZoom_12x12Exotic_MKTG_150.jpg     COL_ExoticFrameClusters_Emb_MKTG_150.jpg     COL_ExoticMendhi_Emb_MKTG_150.jpg

Button_Designer.png

#4 PBarnes

PBarnes

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for adding that Cherise. I had forgotten about that version. That would have been like version 1 and PSE is up to version 7 now. I used LE at one time but it was a VERY long time ago.

#5 no.hiking

no.hiking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:51 PM

Oops my mistake the scanner comes with PSE - I was backwards. But in the discription it does not say which version. Hoping its 7 but I will go and look at it tomorrow. I am looking at getting the Epsion V500 scanner. Our House flooded and we lost most our pictures so I need to scan our negatives onto the computer. Thought this might get me both things I need and save a little money.

#6 cherise

cherise

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

Oops my mistake the scanner comes with PSE - I was backwards. But in the discription it does not say which version. Hoping its 7 but I will go and look at it tomorrow. I am looking at getting the Epsion V500 scanner. Our House flooded and we lost most our pictures so I need to scan our negatives onto the computer. Thought this might get me both things I need and save a little money.

I just got the Epson V500 for Christmas and I *love* it - it's a fantastic scanner (at least for what I have been using it for so far). I checked to see what version of PSE mine came with and it was 4.0 for PC and 3.0 for Mac. Don't know if that's what your will be since it was 6 months ago that I got mine, but figured I would let you know.

Cherise

New Products now in the Boutique:

COL_ExoticCollection_MKTG_150.jpg     COL_AYOZoom_12x12Exotic_MKTG_150.jpg     COL_ExoticFrameClusters_Emb_MKTG_150.jpg     COL_ExoticMendhi_Emb_MKTG_150.jpg

Button_Designer.png

#7 Yvonne53

Yvonne53

Thankful for my family & friends!

• Members
  • 3,964 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a Wife, Mom, Grandma, Teacher, Artist, Geologist,, Student of Life & SG!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

Hi and welcome to ScrapGirls. If your scanner comes with the PSE4, I would just opt to upgrade to PSE 7 that is on sale at Costco for around $39.99...it has so much more to offer. You will find that you will really like this version and you can get Ro's Secrets to help you learn how to use it. There are also "free" informational ebooks available in the boutique. Hope this helps and good luck.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#8 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:14 AM

I also have the Epson V500 scanner and LOVE it!!!!! And it came with PSE 6 which is just fine for doing lots and lots of scrapping and other great things. Of course there are improvements with the latest version PSE 7, but PSE 6 is still very good. I also got PSE 6 with my bamboo fun tablet.
Posted Image

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 no.hiking

no.hiking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:33 PM

Well the scaner came with elements 6 so I am happy. Would have prefered 7 but I figure 6 will keep be busy for years and by than they will probably be out with elements 27 or some other crazy number and I will be ready to upgrade. Now to install and start playing. Does anyone else feel intimidated when it comes to downloading. I never know where on the computer it will show up. I really should take computer classes.

#10 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

Collector of shoes, wearer of FLIP FLOPS

• Creative Team
  • 12,342 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

I have been using PSE for almost 2 years and have always been very happy! Hope you like your new version, just experiment and you will learn, and remember ctrl - Z is your friend!!!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users