What Does This Mean?

Guest bellagirl

Guest bellagirl
When I post a message there is the word warn. 0% and several little blue boxes. What does this mean? DH thinks it`s a warning that if I ask one more question I`ll be banned from the message board :-[

Everyone has a warn box that only YOU can see. This box tells you whether you have been reprimanded for making a bad post, or something like that. It is rarely used, if ever, so don't worry your little self about it!!

[quote name='bellagirl' post='43929' date='May 31 2006, 04:58 PM']When I post a message there is the word warn. 0% and several little blue boxes. What does this mean? DH thinks it`s a warning that if I ask one more question I`ll be banned from the message board :-[[/quote]

Hi Bella,
That's not true at all. We all have the "Warn" status underneath our avatars (the picture on the left side of our posts). It's a warning status to tell you how many reports or warnings you have received (if any) from the forum moderators. The status is only viewable to each member; no one else can see your warning status.

If you were to be reported or warned because of something, I think the percentage increases, but only you would see that number. If you click on that Warn status, you will see that there have been no (0%) warnings on you.

Rest assured, you are totally welcomed here. Your questions and comments are why we're here. Don't be afraid to ask. That's how we all learn, right? :)

Have fun!

Guest bellagirl
[quote name='HisThao' post='43932' date='May 31 2006, 03:32 PM'][quote name='bellagirl' post='43929' date='May 31 2006, 04:58 PM']
When I post a message there is the word warn. 0% and several little blue boxes. What does this mean? DH thinks it`s a warning that if I ask one more question I`ll be banned from the message board :-[[/quote]

Hi Bella,
That's not true at all. We all have the "Warn" status underneath our avatars (the picture on the left side of our posts). It's a warning status to tell you how many reports or warnings you have received (if any) from the forum moderators. The status is only viewable to each member; no one else can see your warning status.

If you were to be reported or warned because of something, I think the percentage increases, but only you would see that number. If you click on that Warn status, you will see that there have been no (0%) warnings on you.

Rest assured, you are totally welcomed here. Your questions and comments are why we're here. Don't be afraid to ask. That's how we all learn, right? :)

Have fun!

Thanks I appreciate the kind words but mine is visable to everyone, check out my posts
[/quote]

Bella,

Do you mean the little blue boxes under where it says New Girl On the Block? That is an indication of how many posts you have made. As you make more the blocks go up and you will get a new designation. Check out all of ours.

Hi Bella,
It only seems like everyone can see it because you can see your own. For example, can you see the Warning status under my name?

I took two screenshots of what I see...

My Name:

[attachment=1541:attachment]

Your Name:

[attachment=1542:attachment]

See? :D I can't see your Warning status. I can only see my own.

Guest bellagirl
[quote name='HisThao' post='43942' date='May 31 2006, 06:41 PM']Hi Bella,
It only seems like everyone can see it because you can see your own. For example, can you see the Warning status under my name?

I took two screenshots of what I see...

My Name:

[attachment=1541:attachment]

Your Name:

[attachment=1542:attachment]

See? :D I can't see your Warning status. I can only see my own.[/quote]

Thank you so much for explaining that, I had to really sit and think about that for a minute :blondmoment: DUH

Guest enableem
Thanks for asking this question - I just posted my first two posts saw the warning and went aghhhh! They are warning me off already!
Whew! I feel better and can continue to post!

Guest Cropnpix
I'm LOL about your husband's explanation of the warning. Fortunately, we don't get warnings for asking too many questions. :)

Archived