Tablet

I have the Wacom Intuos 3 6x8. One of the SGs designers had it at the convention last year and let me use it. I fell in love with it right away and had to get one :)

Yes, it can be plugged into any computer, just like a mouse. It is fairly intuitive. It just takes some getting used to.

I love it for brushwork and extractions. With brushes, it is sensitive to pen pressure which gives you different effects.

For extractions, it allows you to be very precise.

Just a few things...

OK, I guess it's time to unpack mine from the box I put it in when we came back from FL. I used it a little bit down there but haven't done anything with it lately! You guys are inspiring me to stop being lazy and just get it out and use it.

Ugh. lol

I decided to plug in my tablet. And unplug my mouse.

I guess the tablet saw the rude face I was making while doing so and decided not to work for me. lol

I think my computer told me something about the driver not being installed.

I looked around and found my "quick start guide" but not the CD.

So...went to the Wacom site and downloaded it.

Okay...I'm up and running.

I'm not used to using it on the web. Like scrolling through a page. I guess, give me time.

I want to play with it for a layout. But I guess any use of it is good use, right? As far as practice goes.

Oh how i love my tablet. I am a tablet advocate! Wacom should love me because i am always promoting them!

I had intense pain in my wrist from doing graphic design and just surfing the web with my mouse all the time. It was so bad, It would bring me to tears. After 4 months of thinking that i was going to have to quit graphic designing, My DH ordered me a Wacom.

Life changed after only a few days, I put away my mouse and made myself use the tablet exclusively. Pain totally went away.

I now use my tablet for everything, most of the time, i don't touch the mouse at all over the course of a day.

Although, i do know a lot of people who have tablets but, never use them, they are just sitting in a corner :( So sad but, you do have to be committed to making the change. You WILL get used to it. Even if it feels really strange at first!

I'm glad the pen tablet helped you out so much Carrie!

Charlene...idk if this will help you when browsing because you may have different pen settings than I have but when I scroll through a page, I just hold down the bottom button on the pen and it allows me to scroll up and down very easily. Also, I press the top button when I want to right click on something. I hardly use the mouse online now!

I'm glad the pen tablet helped you out so much Carrie!

Charlene...idk if this will help you when browsing because you may have different pen settings than I have but when I scroll through a page, I just hold down the bottom button on the pen and it allows me to scroll up and down very easily. Also, I press the top button when I want to right click on something. I hardly use the mouse online now!

Thanks.

I found out about the holding down the button to scroll. That sure helps. lol

:dancingstickman::walkinghelmet::dancing-smilie::runningdog::exercisebike::breakdance::bedtime::rofl::ninja::caterpillar::party-smiley-048::scale::sofa::toot::ph34r:

(Those are from Hunter. lol)

Shannon, great thread!

I'm a leftie, so I love my pen. I learned to use a mouse with my right hand, because I shared a computer with the family for years. So I still use a mouse right-handed. But, with the Wacom tablet and pen, I can scrap with my left hand. I have a lot more control with my left hand. It's great for erasing, just zoom in close, and it's so precise!

Just thought I'd add that I saved a little money on my Wacom Intuos 3 6x8 by getting a refurbished one. It's factory refurbished by Wacom, and came with a warranty (can't remember how long, sorry). I found it on the Amazon site through one of their merchants. It came with everything a new one did, including manual, new software, exta nibs, etc...

I think my poor mouse is going to get lonely because I have now used my tablet exclusively since very early yesterday morning and I am absolutely loving it. It took some getting use to, and still need a little more time to be realll comfortable with it, but I do not have a desire to bring the mouse back out. It's been a lot of fun using the pen.

How often do you ladies need to change your pen tips? I have the Bambo Fun, and have misplaced my extra tips. I hope I won't need them before I find a place to order them from.

I think my poor mouse is going to get lonely because I have now used my tablet exclusively since very early yesterday morning and I am absolutely loving it. It took some getting use to, and still need a little more time to be realll comfortable with it, but I do not have a desire to bring the mouse back out. It's been a lot of fun using the pen.

How often do you ladies need to change your pen tips? I have the Bambo Fun, and have misplaced my extra tips. I hope I won't need them before I find a place to order them from.

Woooohooooo! That is awesome! WTG! Give yourself another week or so and then bring the mouse back, it will be the mouse that feels weird to use! LOL

I have the Intuos tablet but, same concept. I have had it for over 2 years now and i have only changed my pen nib 2x and it gets HEAVY use.

Charlene! Thanks for the heads up on the class. I just registered for the PS version.

Oh gotta go find the ps version quick before it fills up!!! Thanks for the heads up Charlene!!!! Oh, man, we're going to be traveling the second day of the class I think to a wedding. Can I still take the class??? OR should I wait for it to come around again? Does anyone know?

Rosemary, with most classes, it is okay to miss a chat. You will get the transcript for the class the next day (or soon after.) You will have whatever instructional material that goes with the class to download and refer to. And you will have the message board forum for questions.

:)

Archived