Adding Blinkie To Signature

Guest Cindy 1942

Guest Cindy 1942
Just can seem to get it right! I have tried several times. I enter [*img]http://scrapgirls.com/BLINKIES_sgdevotee.gif[/*img] into my signature area, hit update my signature and when I check the only thing that shows is the address I typed in, not the Blinkie, I so love looking at the gallery and slowly I am learning but trying to insert the blinkie has been a challenge. I sure would appreciate your help :blondmoment:

[quote name='Cindy 1942' post='44115' date='Jun 2 2006, 11:47 AM']Just can seem to get it right! I have tried several times. I enter [*img]http://scrapgirls.com/BLINKIES_sgdevotee.gif[/*img] into my signature area, hit update my signature and when I check the only thing that shows is the address I typed in, not the Blinkie, I so love looking at the gallery and slowly I am learning but trying to insert the blinkie has been a challenge. I sure would appreciate your help :blondmoment:[/quote]

Cindy, after you type it in, remove the two * in the line. Then it will work!!

Guest bellagirl
[quote name='Cindy 1942' post='44115' date='Jun 2 2006, 10:47 AM']Just can seem to get it right! I have tried several times. I enter [*img]http://scrapgirls.com/BLINKIES_sgdevotee.gif[/*img] into my signature area, hit update my signature and when I check the only thing that shows is the address I typed in, not the Blinkie, I so love looking at the gallery and slowly I am learning but trying to insert the blinkie has been a challenge. I sure would appreciate your help :blondmoment:[/quote]

Cindy, You should have read my replies to the blinkie thing. I thought I would to be the only one without a blinkie for life. Here is what I was doing: I was following the tutorial which is a good one but I guess I was misunderstanding it. After I would paste in the link in my signature box I would hit the litle tree icon, like the tutorial said, and a box would pop up in the upper rt. hand corner and I would type in the link, at first with the "*s" then without them, it didn`t matter I would get what you are getting. Finally by the mistake of hitting, "update my signature", before the tree icon, a blinkie appeared. :breakdance:
Sorry, I`m probably giving you too much info. Just copy and paste the link, go back and remove the *s from both ends and hit update signature.

Guest Cindy 1942
Thanks girls. I did it!! Now I feel like part of the ScrapGirls Community. And, I really am addicted to digi scrapbooking. Thanks again. Cindy 1942 (ScrappyGram)

Guest Scrappieness
Do I have to hold my blinkies in my own server or does Scrapgirls house them for us? Where can I find the treally cool Scrapgirls one. Ive seen a few but wondered if there was a gallery of them?

HUGS
Ness

Guest Scrappieness
[quote name='Scrappieness' post='44171' date='Jun 2 2006, 03:18 PM']Do I have to hold my blinkies in my own server or does Scrapgirls house them for us? Where can I find the treally cool Scrapgirls one. Ive seen a few but wondered if there was a gallery of them?

HUGS
Ness[/quote]
I have found the SG blinkies. Now Im just wondering if anyone knows of free hosting for other blinkies that actually works here in the SG forum. Anyone have any ideas??? I would really appreciate hearing from you!

Archived