July Monthly Layout Contest

PBarnes

In the good ole summertime, we see lots of lightning. Summertime also brings out the fun side of friends and family members. For the July Monthly Layout Contest, we want to see your layouts featuring photos of lightning or scrap someone with an electric personality! Post your layouts in the July Monthly Layout Contest Gallery before July 31st at Midnight, EDT. The winning layout will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique! Be sure to include the credits for items used in the description area or under the Details tab.

I just realized I hadn't posted the Gallery link. Sorry. Here it is. July Layout Contest Gallery

My first thought was "I hope I can learn to take great lightning photos in ME's photo class!" Now watch, we won't have any storms in July. (But I'm secretly hoping for northern lights in Canada--rare where we'll be, but we have seen them.)

tips on taking lightening photos. tripod and a camera where you can set the shutter to stay open a LONG time. And dont bump it! lol. I managed to get one once... :)

Yes, the same for fireworks. I managed to get a few of those last July too. But we also have to remember that timing is everything! It is hard to anticipate lightning!

We don't usually have lightning in our area of California. People around here open their garage doors to watch the show! It's a good thing too, because we have very dry hills in the summer, and it doesn't take much to set them off. I'll be in Colorado in July, so maybe I can take some there! lol

We don't usually have lightning in our area of California. People around here open their garage doors to watch the show! It's a good thing too, because we have very dry hills in the summer, and it doesn't take much to set them off. I'll be in Colorado in July, so maybe I can take some there! lol

OH OH! we must meet up!!! :)

I took lots of photos last year for fireworks. I did the settings from an old thread that i'll bump up for you all. Fireworks are like litening no?

I tended to touch the button shortly after hearing a boom. had about 40 shots and about 15 of them perfect!

Was thinking.. what else is lightening?

speed... kids running? lightening fast!

riding bikes lightening fast.. etc

a dinner prepared lightening fast

a disaster that happened so fast it was like lightening (ie wind came and tore my yard apart!)

a moment that happened fast

a skill learned quickly...

:)

Just rambling. I might try to enter a layout this time! think i might win? probably not! hahahaha

Was thinking.. what else is lightening?

speed... kids running? lightening fast!

riding bikes lightening fast.. etc

a dinner prepared lightening fast

a disaster that happened so fast it was like lightening (ie wind came and tore my yard apart!)

a moment that happened fast

a skill learned quickly...

:)

Just rambling. I might try to enter a layout this time! think i might win? probably not! hahahaha

Oh, Angela, here I was thinking inside the BOX again. Thanks for reminding me to broaden my horizons. :D

(Gee I hope those pilots got home okay after seeing Caramel rolls Hitting their windshields :) ). See Boutique thread from yesterday if you can't remember this one :lol:

Are you going to do a layout Rosemary? i hope soo! i want to see!!!

**beeep, beeep*** we interupt your program to bring you a news bullitin.

"Lightening fast carmel rolls were reported to be shooting up at planes, when we spoke to one pilot who was hit his comment was "mm, umm, hummm, umm. Apparently the Rolls were edible. Police are asking for anyone with information for where those rolls came from to please let them know, as flying rolls can be dangerous!"

"Lightening fast carmel rolls were reported to be shooting up at planes, when we spoke to one pilot who was hit his comment was "mm, umm, hummm, umm. Apparently the Rolls were edible. Police are asking for anyone with information for where those rolls came from to please let them know, as flying rolls can be dangerous!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOILOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I can picture it now, :lol:

Hey Angela, did you see my candy layout???

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOILOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I can picture it now, :lol:

Hey Angela, did you see my candy layout???

Oh, dear, now I'm quoting myself, :lol:

**beeep, beeep*** we interupt your program to bring you a second news bullitin.

Apparently immediately after the Caramel Roll Phenomenon, there was reported hurricane force Coffee sloshing directly at the windshield. Pilots further stated that Coffee, while not dangerous, could certainly cause jittery dampening of personal belongings.

ewwww... coffee drapped planes?

Love the candy layout.

I think we may be hijacking this thread... We probably shouldnt. LOL. We should be talking about lightening and putting our layouts here! I saw lightening real close last night. purty cool.

ewwww... coffee drapped planes?

Love the candy layout.

I think we may be hijacking this thread... We probably shouldnt. LOL. We should be talking about lightening and putting our layouts here! I saw lightening real close last night. purty cool.

You're right, Sorry Pat :disappearing-smilie: I sent this reply Lightening FAST!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh we had lightening galore last night! To bad i slept through it.

Another idea - a layout about unsuccessful attempts at photographing lightneing... ya know.. all those lightening - less pictures. LOL

Thought you all would like this!!

Defined:

light⋅en⋅ing

noun Medicine/Medical. the descent of the uterus into the pelvic cavity, occurring toward the end of pregnancy, changing the contour of the abdomen and facilitating breathing by lessening pressure under the diaphragm.

–verb (used without object)

1. to become lighter or less dark; brighten: The sky lightened after the storm.

2. to brighten or light up, as the eyes or features: Her face lightened when she heard the good news.

3. to flash as or like lightning (often used impersonally with it as subject): It thundered and lightened for hours.

4. Archaic. to shine, gleam, or be bright: steel blades lightening in the sun.

–verb (used with object)

5. to give light to; illuminate: A full moon lightened the road.

6. to brighten (the eyes, features, etc.): A large smile lightened his face.

7. to make lighter or less dark: Add white to lighten the paint.

8. Obsolete. enlighten.

9. Obsolete. to flash or emit like lightning (usually fol. by out, forth, or down): eyes that lightened forth implacable hatred.

Archived