Adobe Bridge

Rose Ann

I am trying to give the Bridge a real chance, but for some reason it refuses to tag all of my PNG files.

It will tag some of them, and not others.

Does anyone know anything about this? Have you found a solution? Can I really only use it for my pictures and not my scrapbook supplies?

Help!

I've never tried to tag my files in Bridge. Mostly because if you change computers you then have to start all over again.

You can access all file formats in Bridge. It is very much like Windows Explorer but with bonuses. You can create your own folder list, set up quick buttons to change the view (I have a button for Chronological order, Name order and film strip view).

I prefer Bridge to Explorer because you can change the background colour making files a lot easier to see, and everything opens directly into Photoshop.

• 1 month later...

Every once in a while, Bridge acts funky for me when I'm tagging things. Like, if I have a bunch of things selected and pick a keyword to tag and then back out of that folder, if it's not done with the tagging it will give me an error msg. I believe I've gotten some error msgs with pngs specifically, too, but it's been a while, so I can't remember. I think I just re-did them, and it worked.

Let us know how you're doing, Rose Ann! :)

I can see all of my PNG's if I browse them in Bridge, which is nice, but it still won't tag all of them. Fortunately, there aren't that many that I get error messages for. I went to the Adobe forums and they say that PNG's don't have "meta data" like jpgs and raw photos, which is why they can't be tagged. So no changes there.

About the cache, though: you can export it so that it follows your photos, if you want. Like if I want to make a CD, I can have the cache be included so that bridge doesn't have to re-do work that's already been done. Not such a big deal unless you have a trillion photos (like us scrappers) but it is handy. It's under preferences, I think.

I have run into this only when I am tagging and the folder is still selected when I am moving back out of that folder. If I click on an empty spot first then move somewhere else, I get no error messages. If I do get the error message, I just go back and retag then click on an empty spot then move out of that file. I have never had Bridge refuse tagging on pngs using this method.

Archived