How do you handle it when...

Guest Ro

I occasionally make envelopes out of double-sided cardstock because I like having the different pattern showing inside when you open it up. But because of that fact, I don't really want to "glue" it shut and have the effect spoiled when they open up the card. So I'm curious what other card makers use to seal up their handmade envelopes.

Any cool solutions that you can recommend?

Sealing wax?

What about making some of those reinforced circles that have an eyelet in the center and close with a string?

Is this something that you are mailing? If not, tie it with ribbon. I can think of a number of ways to slit the flap and envelope and secure a ribbon to tie it shut.

Guest Tedibear220
I love making computer crafts!!! I use them for holidays, birthdays, or just because. Are we going to have a place to upload them?

Guest just_v
Hi Ro;

How about a sticker? Print out a computer element, run it through a xyron and stick the flaps closed.

Ribbon is also a great idea. I have done envelopes that are slitted on each of the flaps and the envelope laced shut. They aren't mailable (is that a word? :>), but I usually tuck them into gift baskets anyway. You can also just wrap the ribbon around the outside of the envelope and tie. This looks very pretty if you add a small tag laced onto the ribbon with the recipients name or even a short quote.

V

Archived