I Have A New Printer! 99 Cent 8x10s!

I have been on a long journey to find a lower cost, yet high quality option for printing my 8x8 layouts and have finally found a solution!!

I had been printing my 8x8 layouts at Sam's Club (as 8x10s and trimming) for a long time. Then, a couple of months ago, I let my unprinted folder grow to over 70 layouts and started looking for some other printing options. I tried doing loose pages from one of the 'book' printers, but the quality was poor. I ended up downsizing to 6x6 layouts that Sam's Club would print for 38 cents. I still prefer the 8x8 size though for reading journaling and seeing more detail.

In my recent search for a Photographer's Lab, I have found a new solution!! The company is called Color Inc. I ordered photos and layouts from them last week and the quality is great! and the best part? and 8x10 is 99 cents!!

I have been in communication with their customer service today, to make sure that it is OK for me, and others, to use them as a source for printing scrapbooking pages and they would love our business!! (They are geared toward professional photographers, so I wanted to ask first).

Another awesome thing?? Your first order is 50% off and the next 10 orders are 20% off!!

Please use the code SG709

There is another code on the website for the same offer, but using this code helps them to know that the customers are coming from ScrapGirls.

I used the method that I outlined in this thread for putting my 8x8 layout on an 8x10 canvas and was very happy with the results...nothing was cut off.

If you are a 12x12 scrapper/printer, the price for their 12x12s is $4.22 ....use your half price code and get them for $2.11 !!! The also periodically run sales on square size prints, for 25% off.

I am considering ordering a layout on canvas with one of my discounts....now, hmmmm...which one to choose!! LOL!!

Hope this helps someone else out! I can't tell you how excited I am! (Have I ever told you how hard of a time I have parting with my money!! LOL!!) I am also very excited about using a local business for my purchases, instead of a box store. I found them via the web, but these guys are actually only about 30 miles from me!

Did you need to tell them to turn off their color correction software?

Nope, don't need to tell them this. Because they are set up to service photographers, they expect the incoming pictures to be ready for print. :)

Just be sure your files are sRGB colorspace...see this if you have questions about it. Or ask here or with their customer service (which is outstanding).

I have been trying to get it to work for about 20 min to no avail. (their software)

Caren, I assume you are doing the Roes one (which is where the 8x10s are 99 cents). when you click on 'Launch Roes' on the left, it takes you to another screen. There is a link there that says 'Launch Roes Software', but it doesn't do anything. (I tried and waited on that one too :) ) If you scroll down, there is a big orange arrow that says click here to launch Roes.ColorInc

Make sure you have Java downloaded first, there is a link for that too.

If you have already done these things and are still having troubles, contact their CS. The girl there is awesome!!

Let me know if you are able to get it to work! Once you get it open, its fairly simple to use.

Archived