August 2009 Mb Game Chit Chat Thread

AngRoCamp

This is the place for all chatter and cheering regarding the monthly message board game in August 2009. Please keep the chit chat here in this thread and keep the game thread strictly for posting your guesses and asking any game-specific questions that you need a Welcoming Committee member to answer. Thanks!!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like it's going to be another fun month. It will test our memories a bit, remembering to post those guesses.

And trying to review the previous numbers called, to make sure your guess is a new number. WOW, this is going to be fun!

Me too. I think a good one to keep track is to write down the numbers called in each of the times for that day to make your own 5 column paper and write down the time zones then the numbers called in that time zone including the ones you called :)

Me too. I think a good one to keep track is to write down the numbers called in each of the times for that day to make your own 5 column paper and write down the time zones then the numbers called in that time zone including the ones you called :)

Vaughnde, I thought I was an organized person, but I give the crown to you!!!! :bow4:

That was the way I would've done it to (if I were allowed to play). ;) I love spreadsheets. :D

And I am making the time match my CST time so that I don't have to think about it - just do it! You would think with only being one time zone different it would not be a pain, but it is. Anyhow, looks like fun to me!! Plus a game you can do or not do and not really fall far behind!

Here's a copy/paste of what I just posted in the game-play thread! Good luck!

Okay here's the scoop... We've arrived at 6 p.m. MST and no one has guessed the right number. But we MUST have a daily winner! So let the race to the correct number begin! You can now guess as many times as it takes to find the correct number.

Two rules:

1) You can only guess one number per post.

2) There must be at least one guess from someone else before you can post another guess of your own. (in other words... take turns wink.gif )

Good luck! Let the race begin!

Question: Is there any limit on how often we can participate in the game? As in,if you win a game one day, is it ok to keep guessing for the next day?

You can win a maximum of 3 daily games. So by all means, keep playing even though you won day 1!!! For each daily win (up to the maximum of 3) you'll get one entry into the month-end drawing. All the rules and details are spelled out pretty precisely in the first post of the game thread but if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

For those confused on times for the games here is a help:

Before 10 am MST is 9 am PST, 10 am MST, 11 am CST & 12 Noon EST

Before 12 PM MST is 11 am PST, 12 PM MST, 1 pm CST & 2 pm EST

Before 2 pm MST is 1 pm PST, 2 pm MST, 3 pm CST & 4 pm EST

Before 4 pm MST is 3 pm PST, 4 pm MST, 5 pm CST & 6 pm EST

Before 6 pm MST is 5 pm PST, 6 pm MST, 7 pm CST & 8 pm EST

Hope that helps clear up any confusion and when you do your spread sheets you can put in your time zone saying the deadline is before such and such time so you can easily follow the times and keep track of when you should post before the deadline for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th times and so on so you don't get so easily confused :)

I was getting confused on what numbers were called and not called so went ahead and put out the numbers 1-100 and am marking them off as they are called as well as writing them down. This includes my own numbers so now its much easier to keep track of. I mark them off using an old pink highlighter I have on hand.

I did something similar to Vaughnde ... I needed the numbers in numerical order so I just opened a spreadsheet and started putting x's in the A column next to the row numbers that were called ... I'll erase the column at the end of the day and start over with column A tomorrow ... too lazy to do anything more 'permanent' than that.

Having fun guessing though. We'll know in about an hour if anyone guessed right for today :)

You guys are way to technical for my simple mind. I have a sheet with 1-100 written on it, just cross it off as they're called.

Anyone know the standings of today's game? Will we have another guess-off-speed-round?

Copy/pasted from the game thread. Sorry it's a bit later. I just got home from church. Priorities, y'know ;) Good luck!

Well.... It's free-for-all time again! Darnit, I really thought we'd get lucky today wink.gif I'm guessing tomorrow (Monday) when we've got a full board hopping with activity we'll see some earlier winners.

Soooooooooo. Have at it! Only rules are 1) take turns (at least one other person must guess before you can guess again) and 2) only one guess per post. Good luck! Let's find the second winner!

ANGIE HELP WE CALLED ALL NUMBERs. please look who is winner tongiht

melissa

LOL you guys are crazy! Look at you go :) The winner is posted!

FYI the rules say the winner will always be posted by midnight MST. ;)

Archived