Newbie Using Photoplus 6.0 Help

scrappylibrarian

Hi all! Newbie here from MO. I am just getting started and trying to keep things as inexpensive as possible so I am trying PhotoPlus 6.0 from Serif. I have read some posts from those who use this and have had success but I have a few questions. First, it keeps shutting down on me! Is this a problem with the software or my computer? I have plenty of memory and such. Also I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to get my photo onto an actual layer. I have my background layer but cannot get the individual files onto one "page". Thanks for any support you can share and have a great Friday!

Danna
"scrappylibrarian"
:thankyou:

I can't explain why it keeps shutting down, but getting your photo on a layer is easy. Once you open the photo, choose your move tool and just drag the photo to your working canvas--it will automatiically make it a new layer. Sometimes the photo might be "locked"--if this is the case just duplicate the layer and then drag the duplicate to your working canvas.

Hi Danna! Welcome! :D :welcome2:

Sorry I can't help with your program, but it sounds like you've gotten some help from Diana!

Shutting down is usually a sign of not enough ram, processing speed or something like that. Check out the University - there's info on recommended computer speeds and stuff like that in there!

Archived