Tablet Pen Not Working Properly

sheriL

I tend to use my tablet pen in spurts, and there's things I really like to use it for. Problem is, with my 4 lovely children sharing the computer, my pen occasionally wanders to parts unknown.

After its most recent vacation & return home, its not working properly. When I try to click on the screen it acts like the mouse does when you click on the screen & drag, trying to create a box on the screen. I don't know if something is mucked up with my buttons so it thinks I'm holding the button down, but it's really frustrating, because right now the pen is completely useless! Anyone have any thoughts? I may end up having to see if I can get a new pen, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it!

Sheri, not sure which tablet you have, I have a Bamboo. In my Programs listing, I have Pen Tablet >> Pen Tablet Properties. In that screen, I can tell my pen to track in "pen mode" or "mouse mode," etc. Maybe try looking there to see if the pen modes are correct?

HTH!

My pen has done that sporadically -- mostly when my pad has gotten wet from water on the counter. It is very stressful! Sometimes a driver needs to be reinstalled... have you tried that? Give it a try, and see. Or wait a day or so. :D

Go to the Wacom site and make sure drivers are up-to-date. After that, go into Pen Tablet Properties > Pen Tab > Hit the Default Button. If you still have problems with the pen after doing those 2 things, then you may need a new pen.

To get to Pen Tablet Properties:

PC Users: Start > All Programs > Pen Tablet (or Tablet) > Pen Tablet Properties

Mac Users: System Preferences (or Applications) > Pen Tablet Icon

Archived