Welcome To The New Lightroom Forum

KatherineW

Yay! Now i just have to figure out what I'm doing enough to know i need to ask a question. some quality time with Mr. Kelby and I will get me back here in no time. I just love the presets and can't wait to learn how to use it well enough to use them. Thanks for getting this up Katherine. Class soon?

I just googled Lightroom.

So...the latest one is Adobe Lightroom 2?

And it runs completely independantly from your scrapping software? Meaning it doesn't matter what scrapping software you're using?

I've had LR for nearly 2 yrs, but sadly just started using it. I was too intimidated, but after spending some time with Mr. K...I'm slowing learning my way around. I would be interested in a class also.

I was spending time with Mr. Kelby but got side tracked the past couple of weeks. Need to get back to it. I know just enough to be dangerous and that isn't good! lol

Katherine, I'm so glad you started this thread? Classes soon? hint - hint

Question - I got a message that LR didn't have enough space left on my C drive. Do you leave the pictures in LR or delete after exporting? Also, could I run LR from one of my Passports and not use C drive at all?

I just discovered I don't know where my Scott Kelby books are :banghead: I'm in the process of cleaning two rooms and everything is a mess. I think I'd better get a grasp on life here!

Anyway, can't wait to see what helpful things are posted here and looking forward to classes!

Have all your presets so now I have to learn to use them effectively!

thank you for starting this forum...i have some questions and will be posting for help and advice...thanks so much..i have scott kelby book and took a workshop with matt kolwaski

i love love love your presets katherine...

I'm really glad this has started. I spent some time in the Kelby book yesterday and it doesn't seem to be doing what the book says it should. I may have changed some setting inadvertanly and now need to get it back but have no idea how to do that. I set up my folders the way he said to, but the photos don't show up there. Ok, deep breath, back to page one.

I think I am getting Lightroom for my birthday this year, so I am really glad to see this forum. I am interested in knowing what the name of the book is that everyone seems to be using.

Joyce, the book is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. I really like this book, he includes screen shots and takes you step by step in how he works with Lightroom. I reference it often.

I think I am getting Lightroom for my birthday this year, so I am really glad to see this forum. I am interested in knowing what the name of the book is that everyone seems to be using.

Joyce, the book is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby. I really like this book, he includes screen shots and takes you step by step in how he works with Lightroom. I reference it often.

Thanks, I'll look for it.

I need to download the trial and play with it. It is on my wish list, and I'm hoping to convince my husband to give it to me for an anniversary present next week. So romantic, I know. :D

Hey, what's more romantic than a hubby giving his gal what she really wants in a gift?

I'm pretty sure Katherine has both classes and e-books on her to-do list. I can't wait for them to come out! I too love Mr. K's books. I learned a lot very quickly from his Lightroom book.

I'm pretty sure Katherine has both classes and e-books on her to-do list. I can't wait for them to come out! I too love Mr. K's books. I learned a lot very quickly from his Lightroom book.

I ordered his book today, and I think I am going to download the trial version and play with it. DH has already told me to buy it if I want it.

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late on this thread, but I am excited about lightroom. I'm currently taking a digital photo class at my local comm. college and our instructor will be teaching a class on lightroom in October. I just ordered lightroom from adobe for the student price of $99. I will be ordering Scott Kelby's updated book, The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers. I found it at amazon.com for about $30. I can't wait to learn the program. I will definitely keep my eyes on this post. I would also like to know if Katherine will be teaching a class soon:-)

Ooooh so true Sandi how do you prioritize!!!!!!!!

I have been reading about Lightroom for ages and keep looking at it and wondering "DO I NEED THIS NOW?"

Its times like this I wish that I had someone here who was into the digi scrapping like I am. I so struggle to do things without having someone to watch and talk things over with.

Archived