3 replies to this topic

#1 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

OK, my Mac is in for rehab and I was hoping that I would be able to access all my scrapbooking supplies from my EHD to use on my new PC laptop. When I plug it in, the computer tells me I have a device plugged in,but doesn't recognize it. Someone suggested the EDH might be formatted for the Mac platform and my PC can't read it. I don't recall doing any formatting, but it could have happened automatically. Anyway, is there a way to reformat it for use on my PC...actually, I'd like to be able to use it on both. By the way, it's a Seagate and has been very dependable. Such an easy way to store and retrieve all those supplies. I hope someone has a suggestion for a solution....thanks in advance!

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#2 Vaughnde

Vaughnde

Quietly Crochetin' and Scrappin'

• Members
  • 31,085 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:58 PM

I don't have any suggestions Ann but I think you better contact your local computer guru and see what he says. If you try and reformat it for both...you are gonna lose everything on there. Lets hope you have that backed up into something else like a DVD. Unfortunatly Macs and PCs are two different things!
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My SG Gallery My Blog I scrap with PSPX1

#3 AnnBK

AnnBK

Glitter Goddess

• Members
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

Of course, I do have everything backed up, but it's not very convenient for scrapping. I'm sure I'll have my Mac back in a couple of days and be on my merry way. You PC people don't know what you're missing...Mac is just SO easy...everything is just right there in front of you. None of this digging around trying to find things. I like my laptop,but only for web surfing.

gallery_6597_304_5120.gif

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#4 Ro

Ro
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

Yes, it has to be done. I had that happen to me once. It was several years ago and I don't know for sure how I resolved it. It may have taken a driver installation.

Wish I could be more help.

You might try doing some searches in Google. I often find solutions that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users