New Board Stuff

Shari PV Mom

Okay everyone ... there are so many new, wonderful features to this new board. Let's compile a list of things we notice/figure out so we can all learn together! I'm having so much fun with this new board already! Do you love it as much as I do????

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lookin' good!

Vaughnde and Sarah helped me figure out the new posts thing.

If you hit New Content, then click on the thread title, it should take you to the new post (since you were last in the thread.)

If you put a "status" in...where does that show up? Anyone know?

Oh...and I LOVE how easy the emoticons are to get to!!!!!

:dancing_penguin::dancingelephant::monkeydance::dancing_penguin::dancingelephant::monkeydance:

I'm liking this also! Much easier to keep up with too. One thing I noticed if I click on the link from my email it takes me to the beginning not where I left off before. Gotta figure that out...maybe once I get there click on the view new content within that thread or something. Still learning!

If you put a "status" in...where does that show up? Anyone know?

Oh...and I LOVE how easy the emoticons are to get to!!!!!

dancing_penguin.gifdancingelephant.gifmonkeydance.gif

Let's also share HOW we are doing these things so we can all learn.

You can get to the emoticons easy because you click on the smily face icon in the reply box and a whole bunch (but not all) come up on the right side. Anyone know how to get to ALL the emoticons?

2468who-do-we-appreciate.gif2468who-do-we-appreciate.gif2468who-do-we-appreciate.gif2468who-do-we-appreciate.gif

I'm also noticing that I have to drag the emoticons from the list and not just click. Is that just because of me and my tablet or is that the way it is for everyone?

I discovered that to view the active posts, you click on the "Today's active content" that is just above the active users list (towards the bottom of the main forum page).

I love the changes!

Okay...I see that the status shows up on your profile page, at the top. I checked on Vaughnde's and it says she hasn't set her status.

I see mine on my page and it has an update button next to it if/when I want to change it.

Hmmmm ... we're also not allowed 20 emoticons anymore. It's counting them as images. Hmmmm ... I put in all those cheering smiley's and it said too many. I just deleted a few of Charlene's to get it to work.

The emoticons should have a slider bar under them and beside them.

And all I had to do was click on the one I wanted.

Hope you get yours to work! :clapping_kitty:

Hmmmm ... we're also not allowed 20 emoticons anymore. It's counting them as images. Hmmmm ... I put in all those cheering smiley's and it said too many. I just deleted a few of Charlene's to get it to work.

What?!

You deleted my emoticons?!

lol

:giggle_bear:

The emoticons should have a slider bar under them and beside them.

And all I had to do was click on the one I wanted.

Hope you get yours to work! clapping_kitty.gif

Maybe it's a tablet thing for me. I just put away my mouse and I'm using just the pen. It's taking some getting used to for sure.

I can use the sliders but I know there are more emoticons than what is showing in those two columns.

What?!

You deleted my emoticons?!

lol

giggle_bear.gif

Tee Hee ... I wasn't going to delete my own! LOL!

Hmmm. Now that you mention it...I do notice that some emoticons are missing. Like :dunno: (I typed that one in by memory), and the purple caterpillar thing, and the running doggy, and the smiley on the scale, and the one behind the couch, and two smileys talking back and forth.....

Where'd they goooooooooo???????

:monstercry:

Okay ladies, I still can't figure out how to jump to the first unread post in a thread. How do I do that?

I was thinking that with these changes...it won't work until you've been in the thread one time...leave it...let a new post happen...then it will work. lol (Seemed that way to me.) Kind of like it had to reset. It thinks everything is new to you right now until you visit the thread.

But...go to View New Content (upper right) then click on a thread...that's what should take you to the newest posts.

Hmmm. Now that you mention it...I do notice that some emoticons are missing. Like :dunno: (I typed that one in by memory), and the purple caterpillar thing, and the running doggy, and the smiley on the scale, and the one behind the couch, and two smileys talking back and forth.....

We probably just have to add them back. Once Ro has us back to our pretty purple, we can try and find the missing ones.

Okay ladies, I still can't figure out how to jump to the first unread post in a thread. How do I do that?

If there are new posts there should be a little arrow just to the left when the last post was, click on that arrow.

We probably just have to add them back. Once Ro has us back to our pretty purple, we can try and find the missing ones.

:)

I wasn't truly crying.

I would miss them though.

:winking_baby:

I'm trying to figure this out now.... whew ...I was lost in the boutique adding way too much stuff to my cart and coming over here I feel a little lost. Looks good though in a "don't take to change very well" way :)

Girls, if you're not quite sure about this messageboard, start PM'ing people. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE FEATURES THAT WERE ADDED!! PM'ing is the coolest part of this upgrade -- trust me. :) You're going to LOVE IT!

I love the clean, whiteness!!

Fun, fun, fun!!

Girls, if you're not quite sure about this messageboard, start PM'ing people. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THE FEATURES THAT WERE ADDED!! PM'ing is the coolest part of this upgrade -- trust me. :) You're going to LOVE IT!

I love the clean, whiteness!!

Fun, fun, fun!!

I just PM'd you!

:disappearing-smilie:

I think it is gorgeous! And it will take a little figuring out . . . so thanks for starting this thread, Shari.

Is everyone else seeing images in the Gallery? I don't have any but I can't figure out if that's because of something wonky with my computer or if it's still under construction.

I think it is gorgeous! And it will take a little figuring out . . . so thanks for starting this thread, Shari.

Is everyone else seeing images in the Gallery? I don't have any but I can't figure out if that's because of something wonky with my computer or if it's still under construction.

Bobbi, I can't see images in the gallery either...oops...I guess I shoulda pm-ed you :winking_baby:

No images yet, I suspect the gallery is not linked yet. I can't find the chat room either? LOL

Time out from the thread to say, Dee I love the quote you've listed in your signature. That's been my montra lately, as I work through the stress of DH's unemployment. I love it!

Okay, now back to your regulary scheduled programming

:dancingelephant::dancing_penguin:

Archived