New Board Stuff

Shari PV Mom

I'm liking the look of the new board. There are a few things that I see will take some getting used to for me. One is that in the gallery it isn't as easy to get back to the latest posts after you leave a comment on one. I'm kind of hoping that will change, but if not I'm sure I will get used to it. It looks like sending PM's will be easier and quicker now. I haven't explored everything yet, and like everything new you have to get used to it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm trying the fast reply thingy now. I think I'll love this feature. And the new pm button will sure come in handy too. I love the brightness of the board now. I think I need to make a pretty new siggy and maybe find a new avatar photo as well.

Okay - I went and took a gander at the gallery and there are some great LO's there ... but I can't comment on any of them. I daresay this will be something to do with the upgrade, so I'll come back to them. I just hate going in there and not leaving comments, it just seems 'rude'.

LOVE the look of the new set up ... though not quite as much purple as I like!! Hahaha

Everyone is just amazing in this place ... thanks to everyone that's had a hand in all of this!!

SG ROCKS!

As soon as the process I have running finished (it is rebuilding the post contents), I can look at the gallery issue. I'm fairly certain it is just a permission attribute that needs to be reset. Hold on.

The process is more than 50% finished. We have so many posts that it is taking hours to do.

I have a long list of things to get to, but it will all be done soon enough. Support is looking into the chat connection issue.

I love my monkey-tini siggy that Valerie made for me, but I'm thinking something more elegant now for this gorgeous new MB.

Have you checked out the calendar? A calendar for events, one for birthdays and one for baby due dates!!!!! How awesome is that?

Brenda, if you will go into your profile area and upload a photo, you will have a photo in that top-right hand corner. It doesn't pull in from the avatar setting. It pulls in from the photo setting.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Ro, I'll do that now! Love the new look!

Joyce, can you tell me about your laptop system? What kind? What OS? What browser are you using? What version of the browser are you using? If you can give me that, I will put in a ticket.

Ro, thank you so much for your answer. My laptop is an HP Pavillion dv9000 series, with windows xp. My browser is Internet Explorer version 8, which is the same as my desktop.

I appreciate all you are doing to make this upgrade work, and I'm sure it is an overwhelming job. Thanks so much.

Joyce, if you are using IE 8, all you may need to do is to change the "compatibility". Up at the top, right after the URL (actually between the URL box and the "refresh" arrows) you'll see an icon that looks like a sheet of paper torn in half. Click on that and see if that doesn't straighten things out.

Tried it and it didn't help. Now I have a question. How does my post look on your computer? Is it normal or weird?

Joyce ... your posts look fine to me! Have you tried firefox to see if it could be a setting with IE? If it works better with firefox it is probably IE, if not, then maybe its something that Ro and team need to work?

I'm so loving the upgrades! Had to skip out for part of the afternoon with the kids and will again tonight :D Methinks its gonna be another BUSY weekend! :rofl:

To those who wanted to know about the previous PM's...when you go to your name at the top, there is a drop down with lists and one is messenger. That's where your PMs are and you click on that and then on the left side it says Conversations. All your PM's are in there. Now there is something I discovered. Some of the old ones have a red X by them that says they were deleted but are not really, just sitting there and you cannot reply to those old posts but they are there. I'm not sure but I think you can download those and save them. Haven't tried that feature yet :)

I just uploaded a LO to the gallery, but still don't see where you can leave comments. Maybe I missed something or its not ready yet. Its a little different, but easy. also made a link to the Friday challenge thread and that worked fine as well. I'm going to try to go make a new siggy and try to upload that. I always had problems with that with the old board anyway. LOL

As soon as the process I have running finished (it is rebuilding the post contents), I can look at the gallery issue. I'm fairly certain it is just a permission attribute that needs to be reset. Hold on.

The process is more than 50% finished. We have so many posts that it is taking hours to do.

I have a long list of things to get to, but it will all be done soon enough. Support is looking into the chat connection issue.

Answered this one about 10 times already! It's a popular thing to leave comments in the gallery. :winking_baby:

Leave for my parent's house - one day off the boards and BLAM! NEW BOARDS! NEW DESIGNER!

I'm on the slowest of dial-up connections so I can't properly surf around and try stuff out. This page is still loading.

I love what I've seen so far... and kills me that I can't dance around this new place. I'll be taking my laptop and going to look for a hotspot tomorrow so I can really try this all on for size!

Congrats & Thanks too!

WOW! First of all a great big thank you to Ro and her team. This was an awesome undertaking and you all did a fabulous job.

Second, I'm liking what I see so far. Haven't had time to really delve into the newness of the board. I definitely need to make a new siggy. I love the monkey, but as Valerie says, it's time to go.

New, clean, white (need more purple), lots of new things to investigate. Now we really need a 'how to...' book for the board.

Again, a huge :thanks: to Ro and the rest of her team for all of their hard work and continued hard work getting this up and running. You gals are amazing. One question: Where are the rest of the emoticons? Have they been sent to never never land, never to be seen again? Or are they just hiding somewhere and I can't fine them?

:dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin:

think I need to make a pretty new siggy and maybe find a new avatar photo as well.

time to give those old monkeys the boot!

Miss Valerie, My name is Monkey I'm sure you know my Mommy, well she is allowing me to stay up a litttle later tonite since I SAW YOUR COMMENT & have been (insert monstercry here) ALL NITE LONG. . . .Plez say it was a oops.gif & you really didn't mean it. . . .PLEZ prutty PLEZ. . . .i'm a good boy (for my age of 5 months) and I'm trying to learn scrapbooking. . . .(have you seen my layout???) I even listen to Auntie Ro's pse videos. . .And what about all the other things I can do. . .I go to chats. . .I stay ALL DAY at the Boutique on Thursdays. . .(Mommy really takes me EVERYDAY). . . .PLEZ PLEZ say it was an oops.gif . . .

Love,

Monkey disappearing-smilie.gif

PS: Mommy said you really did'nt mean to make me cry. . . .(so I still love you)

"MOMMY does Auntie Rosemary KNOW about this????"

WOW! First of all a great big thank you to Ro and her team. This was an awesome undertaking and you all did a fabulous job.

Second, I'm liking what I see so far. Haven't had time to really delve into the newness of the board. I definitely need to make a new siggy. I love the monkey, but as Valerie says, it's time to go.

New, clean, white (need more purple), lots of new things to investigate. Now we really need a 'how to...' book for the board.

Again, a huge thanks.gif to Ro and the rest of her team for all of their hard work and continued hard work getting this up and running. You gals are amazing. One question: Where are the rest of the emoticons? Have they been sent to never never land, never to be seen again? Or are they just hiding somewhere and I can't fine them?

dancing_penguin.gifdancing_penguin.gifdancing_penguin.gifdancing_penguin.gifdancing_penguin.gif

Auntie Carol PLEZ read the above letter to Miss Valerie. . . .(insert monstercry here)

Love Monkey

Again, a huge thanks.gif to Ro and the rest of her team for all of their hard work and continued hard work getting this up and running. You gals are amazing. One question: Where are the rest of the emoticons? Have they been sent to never never land, never to be seen again? Or are they just hiding somewhere and I can't fine them?

dancing_penguin.gifdancing_penguin.gifdancing_penguin.gifdancing_penguin.gifdancing_penguin.gif

Auntie Carol PLEZ read the above letter to Miss Valerie. . . .(insert monstercry here)

Love Monkey

I'm sorry Monkey, I love you, but I'm letting my monkey off to go and relax after being on the board for so long. He'll always be around to come out and play with you. He just needs a rest for now.

Note to your Mommy: You are a nut! :monkeydance::dancing_penguin:

I bet this will fix itself when Ro finishes, or it's staring me in the face and I can't find it:

1. "my controls" ...how do I get to my signature to change it now?

2. the "details" button in the gallery when I upload images that usually shows the metadate from the file/info.

Okay Ladies I went back a couple of pages to check. . .Okay I'm getting to it. . .don't rush. . .Monkey had the computer all nite. . . .Anyway WHY do I have a "warning status" under my picture???? UM. . .er. . .um. . .Are ya trying to tell me something?????? Hmmm maybe. . .er. . .NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO???? well maybe something you want to tell me???? Okay talk amoungest yourselves. . . .

Archived