New Board Stuff

Shari PV Mom

Hey what.......what is going on here.....ummmmm my MB looks different? I like it!....going to need to get use to it looks like after the convention this weekend. Hee hee hee...It is so purply funtastic!

Is there a place to show you how to naviagate the new MB yet?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE IT!!!

But then again, I like change. :) I love how clean it all looks. Fewer boxes. More modern. Easier to use. Brighter purple (so far). For me, it's easier to read, not harder. I am rather excited about all this! :dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin:

Hmmm Melanie just uploaded a layout about 40 minutes ago in the general messages gallery and there is no comment box. This is after the change...so hmmmmm. I think Anna's was uploaded at 12:19. Melanie's was uploaded at 12:44 pm and no comment box.

I will be keeping up with this thread ...too much stuff to take in too little time before the weekend... road trip for me in a coupla hours...so I'll probably talk to you from NC tonight. Hopefully everything will be up and running ...change makes me nervous but I'm a quick learner ... you gals have fun.

I LOVE IT!!!

But then again, I like change. :) I love how clean it all looks. Fewer boxes. More modern. Easier to use. Brighter purple (so far). For me, it's easier to read, not harder. I am rather excited about all this! :dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin::dancing_penguin:

Where'd your picture go????? (Avatar)

I will probably laugh when I have PSE7 open and I go back and forth between that and here. One's white, one's black. My brain will be spinning. :breakdance: (I guess that's normal, though, huh?)

I'm sure it's just a permission setting that got messed up with the upgrade. I had to fix the calendar permissions - nobody could see or do anything to the calendars. I have a process running right now that is updating the content of posts. (The quotes were looking funky. The process seems to be working). Because we have so MANY posts, it is taking a while to run.

After the process is finished, I'll get into the gallery settings and see what's up.

Hang in there... There is loads to do!

The problem with the chat room (not connecting to the chat server) is a bug they have been having with this upgrade. I put in a ticket about it and the tech knew just what I was talking about. He said he would work on it for us. But at least I got the chat room to show up. It was tricky to figure out how to do it! LOL

I'll be glad once I hunt down all of these stray colors that need changing. Whew.

It was right at the bottom of the gallery page (see anna's "Beautiful Megan". The fast reply isn't there for images uploaded prior to the change.

You are right! As of now, there doesn't seem to be any way to comment on gallery layouts posted before the change. I do hope this is a temporary thing, and that we will have that restored after everything is finished updating. Thank goodness I got all my comments caught up in the Digital Photography Class gallery, but while doing that, I seriously neglected leaving other comments.

Joyce, can you tell me about your laptop system? What kind? What OS? What browser are you using? What version of the browser are you using? If you can give me that, I will put in a ticket.

Ro, thank you so much for your answer. My laptop is an HP Pavillion dv9000 series, with windows xp. My browser is Internet Explorer version 8, which is the same as my desktop.

I appreciate all you are doing to make this upgrade work, and I'm sure it is an overwhelming job. Thanks so much.

I LOVE IT!!!

I love it too! Really sharp! I think it's good to shake things up one in a while - I'm a pretty quick adapter, however!

Joyce, can you tell me about your laptop system? What kind? What OS? What browser are you using? What version of the browser are you using? If you can give me that, I will put in a ticket.

Ro, thank you so much for your answer. My laptop is an HP Pavillion dv9000 series, with windows xp. My browser is Internet Explorer version 8, which is the same as my desktop.

I appreciate all you are doing to make this upgrade work, and I'm sure it is an overwhelming job. Thanks so much.

Joyce, if you are using IE 8, all you may need to do is to change the "compatibility". Up at the top, right after the URL (actually between the URL box and the "refresh" arrows) you'll see an icon that looks like a sheet of paper torn in half. Click on that and see if that doesn't straighten things out.

Joyce, if you are using IE 8, all you may need to do is to change the "compatibility". Up at the top, right after the URL (actually between the URL box and the "refresh" arrows) you'll see an icon that looks like a sheet of paper torn in half. Click on that and see if that doesn't straighten things out.

Tried it and it didn't help. Now I have a question. How does my post look on your computer? Is it normal or weird?

I noticed that some of the designers don't have a link under their name to their gallery. Such as Michelle (mtorres_usa)and Amanda Sok.

?????

Tried it and it didn't help. Now I have a question. How does my post look on your computer? Is it normal or weird?

Duh, all I had to do was go to my desktop and look at my message. It looks fine. I haven't heard anyone say that they have a similar problem. But at least now I know that if I go ahead and post something on my laptop it will look o.k. to everyone else.

I was just curious about the Status information. What exactly is the Status? Mine says it has not been set. Is that something that's done behind the scenes (Top Dog, Wise One, etc?) or is it something we have to set ourselves (and, if so, where do we change it if we want to). Thanks! And Ro, I've been through many upgrades and it's hard to even imagine the number of things you have to remember to change! Thanks!!

Do you mean in their signatures? They have galleries and the links to their galleries are working. If you are talking about their signatures, then it would be because they haven't fixed their signatures up to include the link.

Not understanding what you mean...

Right below the avatar. There's a spot to PM someone (and a link to their blog, if they have one...and a link to add as a friend) and a link to go to their gallery. But, I noticed those 2 don't have thata little link. If you go to my thread about the coin purse, you'll see where Amanda left a post...under her avatar isn't a link to her gallery like (most) everyone else has.

If anyone else was looking for it...when you are in the gallery, scroll to the bottom and you'll see the "latest images" link.

There is a "view new content" link at the top right...but I don't think it will give you an ongoing list of latest images like the link at the bottom (almost the bottom) of the page.

Do you mean in their signatures? They have galleries and the links to their galleries are working. If you are talking about their signatures, then it would be because they haven't fixed their signatures up to include the link.

Right below the avatar. There's a spot to PM someone (and a link to their blog, if they have one...and a link to add as a friend) and a link to go to their gallery. But, I noticed those 2 don't have thata little link. If you go to my thread about the coin purse, you'll see where Amanda left a post...under her avatar isn't a link to her gallery like (most) everyone else has.

I hadn't noticed this until I read your post, but now I notice that mine only has the gallery one, and not the PM one or the add as a friend one.

I hadn't noticed this until I read your post, but now I notice that mine only has the gallery one, and not the PM one or the add as a friend one.

For us (looking at you) those show up there. So that we can PM you or add you as a friend. When I look at my own, they aren't there...I assume since I'm not gonna add me as a friend or PM myself. lol (Might be fun to try, though.) :giggle_bear:

For us (looking at you) those show up there. So that we can PM you or add you as a friend. When I look at my own, they aren't there...I assume since I'm not gonna add me as a friend or PM myself. lol (Might be fun to try, though.) :giggle_bear:

That makes sense. We have a lot to learn don't we?

weeeeeeeeee! This is so much fun! So bright and modern looking! Love, love, love the PM feature! WTG, Ro! It's like getting a brand new car ... with the "leather smell," er um, hmmm....no smell here ... but clean and shiny, yup ... like a clean and shiny new car! :clapping_kitty::toot:

A couple of questions.....where did my old PM's go? And what does it mean when my profile says I haven't set my status yet???

Thank you and cool so far!!

A couple of questions.....where did my old PM's go? And what does it mean when my profile says I haven't set my status yet???

Thank you and cool so far!!

I'm not sure about the PM's.

About your status...when you are in your profile...do you see an "update" button next to your status? I had one. I clicked on it and typed what I wanted there. It only shows up there on the profile page. Probably just a little "fun" thing...you can change it as often as you like, I'd think.

Now...I don't know if the status option depends on how many posts you have.

Archived