What Netbook Fo You Have

bjc

ro recently raved about a netbook she uses... where is that post? anyone know?

do you have a netbook? and how do you use it? if you take it on trips then do you have an ehd to download your photos? can you use lightroom or photoshop with it? or only use it for email

I thought I read it in her blog, but I read so much from different sources I could be wrong, LOL.

I'll be interested to see what others have to say...I know Theresa has one that inspired Ro to get hers. I've never really thought about one since I have the "Tim Allen philosophy" on computers - MORE POWER! Which is not the niche for netbooks. That said, I am into tech toys, so it might be fun to have one :)

She has an MSI Wind. Here's the blog post:

Everybody loves Rosie

Lately, I've been drooling over an HP Mini. Not really for scrapping - I'll continue to use my desktop for that. Mainly I want it to stay connected on the go, and to surf and chat in the same room as DH when he watches TV. DH says dream on....

no money. :(

While I have various criteria for choosing a computer, the Passion Purple shell of the Dell Inspiron Mini is alluring. I'm still deciding.

I also think the skins on the SkinIt site will cover another color netbook in a perfectly delightful way.

I like the keyboard on the Toshiba. There's a Gateway netbook that's just a smidge bigger and the hinge raises the screen a little higher to read.

Oh, decisions, decisions...

I've got a Samsung NC10, upgraded the memory to 2GB. Got a Bamboo Small to use with it since I hate using a mouse anymore. It has 160 gb HD, I can use my EHD with it. I got an external DVD R/w drive. I've loaded PSE6 on it and it works ok, a tiny bit slow, but not bad, but the screen is too small for serious scraping. I take it to work with me a lot and love being able to have access to things on the net that are blocked on the computers at work. I have MS Office on it too, so I can actually be productive. Its easier to travel with than the laptop, especially when flying. It runs pretty fast. I got it with a 6 cell battery (an upgrade) so that I can have longer battery life. I did not NEED it but it sure is fun to play with. So far, not a single problem with it. Mine is a shiny dark blue, looked at the Dell Mini 10 that was purple, but could not upgrade the memory on that model. I do have a pretty purple neoprene sleeve for it though. LOL.

I have the 10" Dell Mini in PINK - LOVE IT! I have a high power desktop for CS4 & scrapping, but do travel for work a few times a year and am required to take a laptop to most of the classes I go to. Last year I developed RA and have lost so much strength in my hands, and when they are really bad, it is very hard to pick up my 17" laptop.

It has MS Office on it and works great and is wonderful for surfing the web and email while on the road, plus it is so easy for me to tote around. In fact, yesterday I was at the airport in Iowa using it as I waited for my plane home and I had others coming and checking it out. It is great. Probably not for so good for photoshop, but I don't need it to be. I gave my big laptop to my sister and use my mini, I take it out on our porch and sit and suft the web with my morning coffee.

Love it!

netbooks are SO cute. ive been saying i want one, but i really dont need one.

I've been saying I want one.

DH says I really don't need one.

Archived