Guess What? You Can Now Have A Bigger Avatar!

ScrapGirlsRo

Our new digs allowed me to change the avatar settings. You can now have an avatar up to 100x100 (no larger than 100 kb). To change your avatar...

1. Go to your user box, found at the top right-hand corner of the forum.

2. Select "My Settings" from the drop-down menu.

3. Click on the "Profile" tab.

3. Select the "Change Avatar" option.

4. Upload your new file.

If you upload a 100x100 file and you don't see a change in the avatar (or if the avatar looks fuzzy), refresh your browser a few times. Your browser likely has cached the old one. If that still doesn't work, try uploading a different file, refresh, and then upload the file you wish to use.

I went around and around this all day long, but finally figured out how to get it to work.

Let's see your new avatars! (You can post here and show them to us, if you'd like.)

:breakdance:

Thanks for the reminder, I remember this as one of the features you mentioned when you announced the soon-to-be updates. I'm excited to test out a new avatars (fingers crossed I did it right).

Wow - this will fancy up the message board even more - now maybe I can recognize members on the street after looking at their BIG avatar!

Okay...I need MORE details. lol

Do I start a document/file/layout in PSE as 100 pixels x 100 pixels? At 300 pixels/inch or something else?

I want to drag a photo onto the document to basically crop out the excess.

:blondmoment:

Do I start a document/file/layout in PSE as 100 pixels x 100 pixels? At 300 pixels/inch or something else?

100x100 px @ 72 DPI :)

id just size down your photo, drag it on your canvas and move it around how you like.

100x100 px @ 72 DPI :)

id just size down your photo, drag it on your canvas and move it around how you like.

Thanks! That's what I was doing...except I was using 300 instead of 72. I'll play with it tonight. Y'all might have to look at the same ole me for a while. lol

i have tried to change my photo of me on my bike to me and my dgs but i cant get the new photo to appear here on mb...i refreshed and am trying it again..if this photo is the one of me on the bike can you tell me how to change it..help

I've uploaded a new photo! :) I'm really loving the new clean style of the board, especially the larger photos!

[{My advice Bobbie- when you upload your new photo and you click save as...refresh maybe two our three times after that...and see if your new photo appears in the box in the top right corner. It took me a few times, but I got it!}]

Bobbi, The image you have uploaded is 51x64. You have to upload a new file that is sized so that the maximum size it is on at least one sides is 100x. Most of us are using squares.

I'd start with a new image, clip it so it is square and then size it to 100x100 x 72 dpi, as Amanda suggested. Once you upload, hit refresh a couple of times and you'll see it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived