In Lightroom I Have Chosen Edit Photo In Photoshop

bjc

Yes, I have an idea :) I wondered the same the first time. The photo you get from lightroom is a 16bits/channel. To save as jpeg it has to be a 8bits/channel. You can change that by going to Image>Mode. Don't ask me a technical explanation as I cannot give it to you. In Lightroom it is written that 16bits/channel has a wider range of colors than 8, but I tend to think that for my use of the photos 8 is already pretty great. LOL

HTH

Thanks Caroine someone asked me that question just last week I told them I would find out and get back to them as I don't have light room & I had no idea why I was being asked LOL But I do apprecaite th answer Muah!! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Yes, I have an idea :) I wondered the same the first time. The photo you get from lightroom is a 16bits/channel. To save as jpeg it has to be a 8bits/channel. You can change that by going to Image>Mode. Don't ask me a technical explanation as I cannot give it to you. In Lightroom it is written that 16bits/channel has a wider range of colors than 8, but I tend to think that for my use of the photos 8 is already pretty great. LOL

HTH

thank you caroline...this is exactly what i needed to know ( no need to understand it just how to do it...lol) thanks so very much

Hi... Here's another idea. Use the Export feature in Lightroom. In the pop-up screen you can choose the folder, rename, save in the usual formats (jpg, psd, tif, etc) and last but not least, pick the bit depth. Fire up PS and go to the folder you exported to, the images will be there ready to open and finish.

• 3 weeks later...

You can open a LR photo in PS, then save it as a JPEG:

Press Ctrl-E (Mac: Cmd-E) to open the photo in Photoshop. The "Edit Photo in Photoshop (your version)" dialog will appear. If you want to see the LR changes in PS, select "Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments". If you haven't made any changes in LR, or don't need to see them in PS, select "Edit a Copy". Photoshop will automatically launch.

If you're on a PC, go get a snack and come back (because the launch will seem to take for-ev-er). Then do what you need to do in PS. To save as a JPEG, press Ctrl+Shift+S (Mac: Cmd+Shift+S). In the Save dialog, enter format JPEG.

If you need to change the mode to 8 bit, follow Caroline's instructions up above.

Archived