Acdsee Software?

scrapmom24

I'm considering purchasing this software and wonder if anyone has any experience with it, particularly as it pertains to photo organization? I'm having lots of problems with Elements Organizer and am looking for another solution. Also, does anyone know of a discount or coupon anywhere? Thanks for your help!

I use ACDSee as well and I'm quite happy with it. I don't think it's completely necessary as there are some free options available that work just as well but if you would like to splurge I say go for it. I am in the process of tagging all of my scrappy stuff and my photos and it has already helped make it easier to scrap.

Also, as Shannon said, the program can crash so I backup my database after every tagging session. I export the entire database to a txt file and save it on my EHD. Always good to have a backup!

I use ACDSee as well and I'm quite happy with it. I don't think it's completely necessary as there are some free options available that work just as well but if you would like to splurge I say go for it. I am in the process of tagging all of my scrappy stuff and my photos and it has already helped make it easier to scrap.

Also, as Shannon said, the program can crash so I backup my database after every tagging session. I export the entire database to a txt file and save it on my EHD. Always good to have a backup!

I'm curious... which free programs do you think works just as well? I've used Picasa of course and that is good for "finding" all of your photos, but I really like/need the tagging feature. Also, do you know if ACDsee will find the embedded tags I saved from the Organizer?

I'm not sure about Organizer b/c I use PS. Hopefully someone will be able to answer that question.

As for free options, I used to use Picasa. There is a tagging feature but I think a lot of ladies here just use it for searching. Granted, I like ACDSee's tagging feature better. I also used Windows Vista's tagging feature at one point but got discouraged b/c it seemed like some of my tags would disappear.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest faerywings

I have used PSE Organizer, Adobe Bridge and Picasa, before I got completely hooked on ACDsee Photo Manager.

In the lastest addition, PM 2009, you can embed your tags/meta-data so that in case of a crash or if you want to share tagged photos, the information stays with the file.

If you go to digiscrapinfo.com there is a tutorial how to tranfer:

Adobe PE Organizer or Picassa or DIS 2006 to ACDSee Photo Manager: A way to transfer your digital kits from a previous organizer to ACDSee and lose as little as possible.

• 1 month later...

i use acdsee to scrap and love it for the ease of finding all of my stuff..some things i even forget i have..lol..but right now i am having a problem..i posted about it but no one has answered me... i have an ehd where i keep all my scrapping stuff and photos..i just got a bigger one and transfered all the stuff and now acdsee is having trouble finding the stuff..but it does appear within myh categoires

• 1 month later...

I use this software. It is great for tags, you can add anything you want. The search works for on tags and filenames for a single term. I haven't had much luck with multiple word searches.

Bobbie - How did you move your files? Did you use the explorer or ACDSee to move them? My experience has been that if you move them within ACDSee, everything moves very well.

i use acdsee to scrap and love it for the ease of finding all of my stuff..some things i even forget i have..lol..but right now i am having a problem..i posted about it but no one has answered me... i have an ehd where i keep all my scrapping stuff and photos..i just got a bigger one and transfered all the stuff and now acdsee is having trouble finding the stuff..but it does appear within myh categoires

I'm afraid I can't help you, but I can sympathize with you. I got an Iomega 1 TB ehd and had the same thing happen with my laptop. The drive showed up in Windows Explorer and other programs, but acdsee couldn't find the database. I use acdsee on several computers, so I keep the database on the ehd. I "solved" the problem when Western Digital came out with the 1 TB passport and switched everything to that. Acdsee recognizes that on all of the pcs. It made no sense that acdsee wouldn't see it when eveything else did. Did you try contacting tech support?

Good luck.

Archived