Printer Question

Guest christy81283

Guest christy81283
I am trying to learn how to digital scrapbook and I'm really confused. How do you print right on to the page? I am making a 12x12 scrapbook, would i have to have a 12x12 printer? If anyone can help me, i'd realllllly appriciate it =)

Hi Christy, yes you would need a large format frinter to print 12X12, a lot of us scrap in 12X12 format and then reduce to 8X8 for printing. It is easier to fit the scrapbook on the shelves that way! The other thing you can do is print in 8X8 and then add to a 12X12 page with other elements for a combination of traditional and digi.

HTH

Guest christy81283
[quote name='sailbeachcatz177' post='45969' date='Jun 12 2006, 06:09 AM']Hi Christy, yes you would need a large format frinter to print 12X12, a lot of us scrap in 12X12 format and then reduce to 8X8 for printing. It is easier to fit the scrapbook on the shelves that way! The other thing you can do is print in 8X8 and then add to a 12X12 page with other elements for a combination of traditional and digi.

HTH[/quote]

thanks! thats a big help! =)

• 1 year later...
I would love to have a 12x 12 printer but it's way $$$ so I print 8x8. I do have a scrapbook store in my area that will print 12x12 and I think you can take your page to other printers and places like Staples, Officemax.

Good luck!

Kricket

There are lots of online services that will print your scrapbook pages at 12 x 12 as well. If you do a search, you'll find zillions of options. Ones I've seen mentioned the most are places like Costco, Staples, Office Max. One place that I want to try is Scrapbooks to Share (http://sbtoshare.com/index.htm) since it is marketing itself specifically for scrapbookers.

I don't have a large format printer, and I quickly figured out that the ink/paper cost of printing in 8 x 8 or 10 x 10 on my home printer would be more expensive than paying to have a service print for me. Luckily, I can handle waiting a few days to see my printed layouts.

I find 8x8 printouts are great. There's lots of beautiful albums to choose from and the layouts look just as good in 8x8 as they do in 12x12. Plus printing them at home is so much more convenient and cheaper. [url="http://www.scrapsofmind.com/2006/12/30/scrapbook-tips-techniques-printing-your-digital-layouts/"]Here's a tutorial [/url]on how to do it. Hope you find it useful.

• 3 months later...
I never thought I'd be happy switching from 12X12 to the 8X8 format... but I was sooooo wrong. I've completed four albums now in Pioneer 8X8's that I found online for a great price and I love them. I can't believe that when I reduce to 8X8 I don't lose a thing... they are every bit as detailed and clear and I can store so many more albums in the 8X8 format than I can in the 12X12. It was a GREAT move for me.

• 3 weeks later...
So, if I'm doing strictly digital should I start out with 12x12 and then reduce to 8x8 or start with an 8x8 page?? :thanks:

--AKrubygal

[quote name='MACnSCRAP' post='276039' date='Nov 11 2007, 09:13 PM']I never thought I'd be happy switching from 12X12 to the 8X8 format... but I was sooooo wrong. I've completed four albums now in Pioneer 8X8's that I found online for a great price and I love them. I can't believe that when I reduce to 8X8 I don't lose a thing... they are every bit as detailed and clear and I can store so many more albums in the 8X8 format than I can in the 12X12. It was a GREAT move for me.[/quote]

I do scrap at 12x12 in case I decide to have them printed full size by Scrapbooks to Share or someplace like that. I'm getting ready to print my horse album but I will be doing that at home at 8x8. I'll just resize each layout before I print.

Archived