Need Help.. Cowboy Birthday Invite

Taralahsa20

My name is Tara. I am new here. So far looking around. I love it. Just have to get use to everything and learn it all. I am into photography and have photoshop, but barely know anything about it, lol then ran across how you can make cards and stuff. I want to learn now. but .. im in need of a card for my son's third birthday party. which is going to be a cowboy party unless he changes his mind last minute. I was wondering if this was a place to share things you made. or if someone could point me in the direction of some free things i could play with and try to make a cowboy invite myself? Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. So glad to be part of a wonderful message board

Good MOrning and Welcome to Scrap Girls! If you click on the boutique the tab, on the left hand side is a list of all the wonderful products.

Here is a very cute cowboy collection Wild WEst Collection. You can also shop by theme here.

Also, at the bottom of the boutique list is a freebie section. The freebies rotate all the time, so check back often!

Again, welcome to Scrap Girls!

I would certainly recommend the Wild West collection that Amy pointed you to. I realize that it's not free, but I want to remind you of the value. When you purchase a digital kit, you can use the elements over and over again! That means you can make as many invites that you like. You can also use the kit to make decorations, party favors, party games (think of pin the hat on the cowboy), and thank you cards, all matching your theme!

And when everything's over, you can scrap it, all with the same elements!

Thanks so much for the help and the insight of purchasing a kit. It's worth the money , but to me at the moment isnt worth.. atleast not right. cause i dont know how to make anything.. Thanks for the help, Ill just keep searching. is there a site or somewhere on here. for people that make things and share them?

And I forgot to say, welcome! I think it will be easy for you to get up to speed, if you are interested.

We also have greeting card templates that make it easy to create cards and envelopes:

ScrapSimple Craft Templates: 6.25x4.5 Horizontal Card and Envelope

ScrapSimple Craft Templates: 4.5x6.25 Vertical Card and Envelope

ScrapSimple Card Templates: 4x6 Photo Cards

Check out this FREE guidebook, too: 15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook)

Hi Tara! I certainly understand your concern about spending money on something you are worried that you may not be able to figure out how to use. It's like going to the cell phone store and spending lots of money on a fancy phone, and not knowing how to use the features. What a waste of money!

Here's what I'm gonna suggest, because I really want to help you. Click on the link below:

Scrap Girls Refresh Collection Biggie

It will take you directly to the page, and on that page are download links. Click on the download button, and the download will begin immediately. Take the time to download them all. Refresh is free digital scrapbooking kit that is has papers, embellishments, word art plus a ScrapSimple sample pack with two paper templates, two 4x6 layout templates, a brush set, a texture set, and styles. It's a great sampling of every type of product offered here.

It's not a cowboy theme, but it will give you the opportunity to try your hand at using templates, brushes and styles. Make a card with it. See how you do. I bet you'll come up with something that you will be proud to send to someone! It's not that hard.

Then you will know if you are ready to invest. I don't want to seem to be pushing you to purchase, but I really want you to know that the quality of what you will find here is so much better than what you can get free from other sites and blogs you might see.

And remember, we're here to help. Post any questions you might have! And most of all, have fun!

Tara, you have gotten great advice here and from our experts. Downloading is quite easy. Purchasing is also easy and if you have any problems contact Angie@scrapgirls.com and she will answer your questions. Scrap Girls offers the best of all the digital scrapbooking places out there and as Elisha has said, you can use it over and over again...no need to go to the store to buy more; purchase it once and use it 100's of time...it never runs out of uses! I hope you enjoy trying out Refresh and see how great things are here. I am not sure when your son's birthday is, but hope for a sale and that will help considerably on the purchase of one of the western collections above. Good Luck!

Tara;

It's a little late, but have you found the card gallery yet?

http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=cats&do=sc&cat=22

Take a look there & when you get your card done, you can post it there also, just use the New Image button, then fill in the caption and description (something about the card, what supplies you used, how you did it) and use the browse button to navigate to your card on your computer. If it doesn't load, try reducing the dpi for the card (full sized layouts are 72 dpi).

There is also this site with tutorials on how to use the site.

Have fun & I hope the party was/will be fun.

Archived