Finally Joined The Land Of The Mobile!

Becca

Yesterday, I picked up my new laptop! It was one of those things that I was trying to convince myself I didn't need. Then the Convention started looming. And the PA get-together started getting closer, and I was left scrambling to beg and borrow a friend's laptop.

After talking to one friend who uses Photoshop and Dreamweaver as well, she said "Well, don't you know that Adobe lets you install a copy of PS/DW on a desktop AND a laptop with a single user license?"

WHAT? REALLY? Can I just say that this is the reason I held off on buying a laptop in the first place? Seriously, buying a second copy of Photoshop alone would have cost me more than the laptop itself, so I never even considered it.

Then I read Adobe's EULA, and sure enough, she was right! I talked to the hubby, and the decision was easy (after looking at our budget, that is).

So I thought I'd share this knowledge about Adobe EULA, just in case you are in the dark about it like I was. :hit-head-with-hammer:

Congratulations Becca! You are gonna love it. Mom's laptop wasn't that mobile....doh. But if I ever get a netbook and can get PSP installed on it...then I'll be a happy camper to have one of those with internet ( one of those plug in thumb drive thingys with either AT&T or Verizon networks....maybe a CricKet wireless!) Then I'd be zoomin'....but never mind me...you have a BLAST with yours!

One thing you'll find if you haven't already is that Vista makes sure all your pictures and stuff show out of the folders so you know what you got...which is a bit nicer than XP!

Becca! I can't wait to see your new baby! In person! Congratulations!

<<<< begging to borrow DH's laptop for next Saturday. AAARGH! I still have to install my programs on it!

How cool, Becca! You are going to love the portability.

Just a heads up: If you need to reinstall that software on a computer (say you have to blow the computer away and start again), you'll have to call Adobe for help to getting it registered. They block you after 2 registrations. It's a pain, but they will do it for you.

That is so awesome! i wanna see a picture!!! What didyou get? tell us details so we can drooool.

welcome to the moble world and a whole new level of addiction! muahahahaha

LOL, Angela! It's a HP dv4-1427 in "Moonlight White". 4 GB RAM, 2.2 GHz Dual Core Processor, 320 GB Hard Drive. Vista Home Premium, 64 bit. And Angela, it's got a webcam! ;)

With Back to School deals going on, it wasn't a bad price for a laptop that's actually more powerful and memory-loaded than my almost 4 year old desktop. It took a chunk out of my savings for a Mac and probably pushed that off farther in the future, but it'll be worth it.

Oh Becca I wish you would've mentioned that cuz I knew that (and I'm not normally good at being helpful)

Congrats on the new laptop!!

Shelbi, it's OK. It was one of those "oh duh!" moments when I found out. You'd think after being around SG for this long that I would have learned that somewhere along the way. It's embarrassing now to think about how many conversations DH and I had about the subject, and I always said "It's not just that laptop cost we need to consider, we have to buy Photoshop again."

Archived