New Member - Can't Share Pics In Gallery

Quilteril

Hello! I'm new at digital scrapbooking. I posted last week and got many wonderful "welcome" and encouraging posts. Several people said they can't wait to see my first layout. I've created three, but no matter what I do, the site won't let me create an album. Do newbies have to be a member for a certain period of time before they can post pictures? I read the tutorial about setting "My Profile", which I did, but get messages that it wasn't allowed and to check about password, or go to University, etc. I followed the instructions, but no go. Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong, or is it because I'm new? Thanks for your help.

hmmmmm.... definitely not because you're new... I will cypher on it and hope that a more knowledgeable person comes along quickly because we NEED to see your artistry!

Hang in there!

Have you checked Ro's tutorials about uploading layouts here and the one about creating your own albums & uploading layouts here?

That may be a glitch still being worked out on the new message board. I remember that no one could create a new album.

Try posting in in another place, for example if your layout is about your family - post it in the Family, Kids, and Pets gallery

Here's a link:

Family, Kids and Pets

Try this. Look up in the right hand corner of the forum page. You will see a pull down menu with your member name, (and your photo if you have added one). Select My Gallery from that menu. When you get to the gallery page, look on the left hand side, and you should find a selection for Edit Albums. When you select that, you should find a selection for Create New Album. I hope this works for you. I will be watching for your LO's.

I've been trying to follow your suggestions, Joyce, but there is no "my gallery" in the drop down menu.

I haven't been able to find a link anywhere.

The gallery tab on my profile shows some of my recent LOs, but didn't find anything about albums there either.

Wondering if that's because I never created a formal album before, and the glitch is preventing me from doing it now?

Stumbling around, I found another Gallery tab under Options.

It says "No Albums Found. Click here to create your first album!

When I click there, I get

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#1073] Sorry, there are no available categories to create your album.

????

Any ideas?

thanks!

:)

That's the same error I've been getting. I thought it was just me, but thanks to this forum I see someone else is having the same problem. I would really like to post - I'm so excited about the wonderful things the designers have created on SG - they make me look like I know what I'm doing LOL. I will keep checking this thread to see if there is help for my problem. Thanks ladies!

Looks like there's a glitch in the new system. What's you layout about? Is it family, or a trip or what? 'Cause you can go into a specific gallery and add a new layout. It will show up in your gallery under your name still.

Just find a gallery that fits your photo and open the gallery. on the right it will say "new image" Click on that and it will let you upload your layout to that gallery, but will also show up under your name and in your "my gallery". :D That will let you get one in there until they find out what the problem is. :D I tried to make a new album too and it didn't work for me either :)

I tried to post a picture to the Family Heritage section of the gallery, but this is the message I get "[#107145] The image upload failed, please contact a system administrator". I believe this is the same message I get when I try to create an album. I know it isn't my computer, because I bought a new one on Monday and the old computer did the same thing. I'm not unfamiliar with computers - I have my diploma in Web Development and Business Programming. I don't know why I'm having this problem when so many others seem to have no problem at all. : (

Archived