Story Of A *former* Scrapgirl

Guest Sharebear57

Guest Sharebear57

Once upon a time I was a hardcore Scrapgirl. I lived in a trailer in Canada with no heat and I was home by myself all day long with nothing to do and no one to talk to. Then I found Scrapgirls and they became my best friends, my only friends. 16 hrs a day I sat in my bed and scrapped and chatted and posted. I was there when the newsletter first went to six days per week, and every morning I was on before the newsletter hit my inbox, waiting impatiently for it to arrive. I went to every crop and chat and got to know all of the wonderful ladies who also called themselves "Scrapgirls". I was the third ever Scrapgirls Member of the Month. Scrapgirls was my life-line, my entire social structure.

Then my life began falling apart and I looked to my friends at Scrapgirls for support. And support they did. Everyone was there for me, checking in with me, offering thoughts and prayers and more than I could have even hoped for. They kept me going when I was at my lowest. My life was upside down ad I had to start over.

I soon moved back to the US with only my dog and a few suitcases. I moved in with my mom for months while I tried to find a job and get back on my feet. Slowly and with difficulty, I began to put my life back togeher. I found a job and an apartment and worked hard to pay my bills and make ends meet. Sadly, one of the cutbacks I had to make was the "luxury" of internet access. And so I began to fade from the Scrapgirls community.

Over the following months and years I continued to build, going back to school, working 4 jobs, starting my own business and beginning to establish a career. And so, my friends were put on the back burner. I simply couldn't, or didn't, find the time to keep my connections with all of the wonderful ladies who had been there for me for so long. But, they still remained with me in my thoughts. Every so often, I would sneak onto the messageboard as a guest and take a peek at what my friends had been up to. I was blown away (and totally jealous!) by how much their layouts and scrapping skills had progressed. (I last worked on a scrapbook page in February of 2007.)

Although I have been absent from the community, Scrapgirls has remained a part of me and a part of my thoughts all along. While I still don't have the time to devote that I once did, I miss my freinds, and I am ready to stop being a "former" Scrapgirl.

welcome back....lots has happened to you, the world and the world of scrapgirls...just look at this new amazing site...i have only been here almost 2 years and it has been a part of my life now.... so glad you will be back here too...

I was just thinking about you and wondering what had happened. I am so glad you have put your life in order, you sound well. Congratulations. I am glad you can find a wee bit of time for us again. You have been missed.

Welcome back, Sherri! I'm sure those who know you are so happy to learn of how well you are doing. And, for those of us who don't, me included, we look forward to getting to know you. I think "once a scrapgirl ... always a scrapgirl" applies here!! :cowwave:

Welcome back, Sherri! I know what you mean about SGs and the support and community here. I agree with Kimmy, Once a scrapgirl always a scrapgirl. I look forward to getting to know you. Lot's has changed here since I started in 2007. Have fun exploring.

Welcome back Sherri...I totally Agree...Once a Scrapgirl always a ScrapGirl. May your life continue to be blessed as you continue to build it and whatever time you can spare to be with us...you are always welcome! This is what Family is and always will be.

So happy to hear slowley but surely your life is coming together! YEA!! I hope you continue to get stronger and life works out your way!!

WB!!

Welcome Back Sherri! It's so good to see you again! I'm so glad you've been able to work through your challenges! And even more glad you've been able to come back and join us again! I look forward to seeing more of you around here again!

Welcome Back Sherri!! You left around when i first started, so i didnt get to know you well. But im very happy to hear you are back, and hope to get to know you!!! You deserve some big hugs for all the hard work and persevering you have done! Way to go!

Welcome back to Scrapgirls, Sherri! I'm so happy things in your life are coming together for you now. I remember you from before - I wasn't active at that time however, I was a lurker for almost a year! And I'm also wondered about you.

Hope to get to know you better this time.

Hi Sherri and :welcome2: back to Scrap Girls! I guess one of the best aspects of this place is that it is always here and the "door" is always open! Congrats on getting your life back in order and I look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome Back Sherri!

While I know it's been a long exhausting road for you, Yours is an inspiring tale of strength, perseverance & renewal. Be proud of what you have accomplished! WOW!

Scrap Girls is a wonderful home & community, and whenever any of us have had to be away for whatever reason, SG has always been here with open arms waiting for our return. So welcome back girlfriend!

It's good to hear from you Sherri. It sounds like it's been a rough couple of years. I'm glad that things are looking up. I hope you will be able to be around Scrap Girls more often than "sneaking a peek" and I pray that your life continues to improve.

Hi Sherri. . . I'm new here so IT'S A BLAST to meet you. . . .Monkey wants to give you somedaisy.gifdaisy.gifdaisy.gif to welcome you BACK !!!! And I (Monkey & Froggie included) REALLY LOOK FORWARD to getting to know you better. . . .

"Monkey, Froggie. . .meet Miss Sherri". . . . .

HEY THERE SHERRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how cool to see you back here with us again! Goodness alot has happened to you but it is so nice to hear from you. I am pleased that you are doing well. Hope to catch up sometime on the message board.

Archived