Fonts

fran

I don’t know if this is it or not. But like to use Firefox as my web browser. But when I try to download from Scrap Grils using it, it doesn’t work right. But when I use Internet Explorer it works. If you are already using Internet Explorer than I don’t know, but maybe someone else will.

The Firefox browser is buggy and does cause some downloading problems. Another browser that ALWAYS causes problems is the blue Butterfly MSN browser. There is something wrong with it and it never works right. It brings down the web page instead of the files!

It may be that you just got an incomplete download, which happens when your Internet Service Provider interrupts the download in the middle (This happens without you being aware that it is happening.) To solve it you need to shut your browser down completely and then download it again - to a different location on your computer. This step is important because Internet Service Providers often cache (save) the download information they just passed to you and if they passed you an interrupted file download, they will try to give you that again.

It save them money by saving them bandwidth.

If you save the file to a different spot on your computer, your ISP doesn't do that to you.

Sometimes, you have to reboot your computer before you save to a new location, as the ISP has to be fully convinced to give you a fresh download.

Archived