Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PBarnes

September Montly Layout Contest

29 posts in this topic

We're coming up on the date 09/09/09. For this layout contest, we want you to create a layout using repetition. It can be a photo that is repeated, an embellishment, a color... the possibilities are many. Create your layout and post it in the September Layout Contest Gallery by Midnight MT on September 30th. Be sure to list your credits in the description or under the details tab. If your layout is chosen, you will win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique!

Post your finished layouts in the September gallery.

Wow, what an interesting challenge for the contest. I know this one will require some thought on my part.

that is an interesting challenge. Can't wait to see what all the creative minds come up with.

Cool, I have been wanting to give the repeated photo technique a try-there were some beautiful examples in the gallery recently.

I'm scared to be first, but here's mine: Dream

Here is my LO for this one. I chose to use photos of one of my favorite pieces of my needlework. TFL.

My Santa Skate

That's my boy's birthday! Wouldn't it be cool if he was turning 9? He's turning 6, which is an upside down 9 :P

I will have to give this a shot!

Hmm, need to think a while on this.

I decided to use this challenge for my week of photos and also used this month's Scrap Girl Club Kit.

Here it is : 365 Days - Week 36

Great LOs in the gallery so far! Very inspiring as I have added quite a few of them to my faves.

Does making the same mistake over and over in PSE count as repetition?

You guys have set the bar so high! Mine is soon to come!

Hopefully my understanding of repetition is correct....and that you see it through my photo arrangement and the paper pieces!!! :)

Look At Toys

The gallery looks great, lots of wonderful entries this month!!

Woo! Hoo! I did a repetition LO! Here's the link - http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/uploads/1253737907/gallery_18425_479_81533.jpg

I hope I did the link right - I'm not too sure about how to share links. In fact, I think I'm doing my uploads wrong and must look for info. :-)

I keep messing up and this really isn't that hard. lol I've done a repetition of photos, called, Stripes.

Everyone has done such great pages this month!!! I waited until the last minute, but I really wanted to get a page of Logan in here since he was born on 9/9. :) So here it is:

LOGAN ANDREW

I had to redo the layout, as I realized that we were supposed to use only Scrap Girls collections in the contests. So here is my submission for the September Layout Contest.

Three Faces of Minnie

Actually, we don't require that you use only Scrap Girls items for the monthly contests. To have your layout chosen as a weekly pick for the newsletter, you do have to use only Scrap Girls things, but for the monthly contests, it's ok to use some other things. We hope you will use mostly Scrap Girls things, but it is not required.

Thanks for the info Pat. I went and changed the layout anyway and took out the few items that were not SG items. And, of course, I didn't save that first PSD layout. Bummer!