6 replies to this topic

#1 Katydyd

Katydyd

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:56 PM

I've decided I'm going to ensure I remain my niece's favorite aunt and give her my small Wacom tablet. She uses it soooo often. Now, I'm still going to be selfish and get myself a new one! Hence my question: Which size is best and why? I only have experience with the small one. Does anyone have the larger one? What are the advantages/disadvantages from a digital scrapbooker point of view? Your advice and comments are appreciated! I took Katherine's class (great class by-the-way), but hadn't thought of my question until now. I've also watched the tutorials on Wacom's website, but would rather hear a fellow digital scrapper's point-of-view! Thanks!

#2 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:49 AM

I love my bamboo fun medium for scrapping and navigating and photoshop and lightroom use and just about everything else (maybe a game or two over on FB LOL). Its a perfect size to fit in my bag with my laptop. I have a small that I use with my netbook and the medium is just so much better for scrapping. Love it!
Posted Image

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 kidsrgr8

kidsrgr8

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:00 PM

I have the Wacom Intuos 6x8.

I really like it. It is not too small and not too big. It fits into my laptop bag for traveling etc.

I haven't ever used any other, so I can't compare but this size has worked great.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 princessrunningfingers

princessrunningfingers

I'll Have You In Stitches In No Time

• Members
  • 17,952 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am an avid stitcher, reader, and of course Scrap Girls Addict.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

I have the small Bamboo Fun, and really haven't gotten into it much yet. It's going to take some practice. After I learn to use it I may well wish I had a larger one, but we'll see when that time comes.

gallery_15063_3635_42373.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG_Olympian.pngBLINKIE_StayCation-Luau.gifBLINKIES_Pblshd.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#5 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,871 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:39 PM

I have the small wacom. I don't use it for everything though. We bought our first one in about 1994 and got the largest size (then- I'd have to pull it out of the closet and measure it to see what size it is) and found it took up a lot of desk space so it got put away a lot and we didn't use it as much as we'd thought we would. I'd go for a medium size. :)

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#6 Heather09

Heather09

I love this fun, purple place!

• Members
  • 2,834 posts
  • Personal Statement:Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you have imagined. ~HDT

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:06 PM

I have the medium bamboo fun and use it for scrapping and editing photos. I love it and can't imagine going back to using a mouse for scrapping and working in PS. Good luck with your choice...you are going to love using a tablet.

#7 KatherineW

KatherineW

Purple Pixel Pusher

• Design Team
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

I've decided I'm going to ensure I remain my niece's favorite aunt and give her my small Wacom tablet. She uses it soooo often. Now, I'm still going to be selfish and get myself a new one! Hence my question: Which size is best and why? I only have experience with the small one. Does anyone have the larger one? What are the advantages/disadvantages from a digital scrapbooker point of view? Your advice and comments are appreciated! I took Katherine's class (great class by-the-way), but hadn't thought of my question until now. I've also watched the tutorials on Wacom's website, but would rather hear a fellow digital scrapper's point-of-view! Thanks!

I've always used the small size, mainly because I don't have room on my desk for anything larger. But I have to say, it's always been sufficient to me. I guess it really depends on 2 factors: 1) which size feels most comfortable for you, and 2) how much desk space you have...... ;)

Katherine Weaver
Product Designer
Latest Products

KWE_BrushSet_SayItBday_MKTG_150.jpg KWE_SSAlpha_OneYearOlder_MKTG_150.jpg KWE_SSEmb_Balloons_MKTG_150.jpg

My ProductsMy Layout GalleryMy Blog

Button_Designer.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users