Printing 8.5x11..please Help

Guest Nettaboo

Guest Nettaboo
Hi All!! I am new to the board and digiscrapping!!! I am sure that this question has been asked before but I did not see anything about this size specifically....
Based on a tutorial that i got from another board, it told me to set my page to 8.5 width and 11 height and 300 for resolution. The question is if I take it (or send it for printing) what dimensions do I choose. I was thinking that if I picked 8X10 that it would cut the picture off..
I am confused!!!
~Netta

I suspect that yes it would crop some of the LO out. Try working in a 8X10 format if this is what size you plan on sending to the printer. Some people have still experenced cropping by who ever they sent the LO's to. I work in 12X12 so I can scale down to 8x8 for printing, however I do most of my own printing.

If you do a search on the word printing on the main message board page you will find many posts about printing.

HTH

Guest Nettaboo
thank you so much for responding!! The LO is done so should I just try to save it in 8X10 format..and if I do that will it crop my page??
What is the best size that you should start with if you plan on sending it off toget printed..so that I know for the future?
[quote name='sailbeachcatz177' post='46575' date='Jun 15 2006, 08:30 AM']I suspect that yes it would crop some of the LO out. Try working in a 8X10 format if this is what size you plan on sending to the printer. Some people have still experenced cropping by who ever they sent the LO's to. I work in 12X12 so I can scale down to 8x8 for printing, however I do most of my own printing.

If you do a search on the word printing on the main message board page you will find many posts about printing.

HTH[/quote]

I would scale down to 8x10 or even 7.5X9.5 for safety. Once you have had one printed and see how it comes out, you will be able to determine what size to start at.

I'm sure 8.5 x 11 is just slightly less than A4 size so if your layout was created this size it should be easy to print out just selecting A4 without resizing it at all. If you are specifically aiming to display your work in an 8 x 10 photo frame you would probably be better designing in that size so you don't get any 'stretching or distorting' of your photos when you come to resize. 300 dpi is ideal regardless of the dimensions of your project.

Archived