Another Question About Giving Designers Credit

DDecker

I have purchased a number of digi scrap sets etc. Now I have some people that have seen what I am doing with digital scrapping and they want to pay me to do albums for them. So do I need to go back and purchase the commercial versions or is there another way? I will not be selling papers, elements etc just jpg for printing.

Does this make sense?

If you were doing this like paper scrapping, you would have to buy all the products and pass along those expenses (plus a small mark-up for your bookkeeping costs; std in advertising is 18%) to the client, plus a fee for your time.

You have to understand that what you are doing is a business, and depending on your state's rules, may be subject to sales tax, in addition to federal and state income taxes.

The way it should be handled is that you purchase new copies of the downloads for your client for each product you use. If you are creating papers, tags, alphas, etc., then you would get the commercial version of the ScrapSimple products.

We don't sell any commercial versions of our collections or easy pages. The fees for those are for a single home user only.

Archived