Sorting Pics?

candyK

I have LR and cleverly ? loaded the cards from my sister and niece's cameras whle they were here visiting this summer. I wanted to have a super collection of photos to play with this winter.

What I actually have is 1 catalog, clogged with other people's pics mixed in with my own. Is there an easy way to move the pics to another catalog? and do it in large batches, not one by one? OR is there something else I should be doing to seperate them out?

Believe it :hit-head-with-hammer: --they all went in with my specially constructed preset to add my own copyright to every pic. So I can't just sort by author but have to look at the XIF data. Between this and the loss of ACDSee I'm sorting till Xmas!

Advice appreciated!

candyK

I do mine by date Candy, every photo I have taken or scanned has been filed datewise, I use the old 09-09-09 or 10.23.08 system each month gets a new folder.

Hope that is a help.

• 4 weeks later...

Do all of you have different camera models? If so, you can sort your pics by the camera model to differentiate your photos from your relatives' photos.

In the library module, at the top bar (library filter), click on "metadata," which will allow you to sort the photos by different criteria in the metadata. One of the criteria is "camera," and it will sort by the different camera models. I use this routinely to sort photos from multiple cameras from one event.

HTH!

I have LR and cleverly ? loaded the cards from my sister and niece's cameras whle they were here visiting this summer. I wanted to have a super collection of photos to play with this winter.

What I actually have is 1 catalog, clogged with other people's pics mixed in with my own. Is there an easy way to move the pics to another catalog? and do it in large batches, not one by one? OR is there something else I should be doing to seperate them out?

Believe it :hit-head-with-hammer: --they all went in with my specially constructed preset to add my own copyright to every pic. So I can't just sort by author but have to look at the XIF data. Between this and the loss of ACDSee I'm sorting till Xmas!

Advice appreciated!

candyK

Archived