Pics Stored On Ehd, But Is Lr Eating Up My Hhd

Heather09

I just recently started using LR (last couple of months). I shoot in RAW and store my photos on an EHD and import them into LR for editing. Once I've identified and edited the keepers, I export a JPEG copy (also stored on EHD) from LR and then finish up the editing in PSCS3. I've recently noticed that my primary HD (which I don't use for file storage) is getting VERY full. Is LR doing this somehow? I'm trying to identify what is new or could be causing this and have hit a wall :hit-head-with-hammer: . I haven't downloaded any new programs (which map to the C directory) that could be causing this. And since using LR is something new, I'm leaning towards that being the cause...but can't figure it out since I have my pics stored on an EHD.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Have you checked your temp files? I had something similar happen a few months ago and it was a backup/Restore point that casued the problem. It basically duplicated my current C drive in case of a failure. I went in and removed the most recent restore point and it was all better.

I am like you and keep my C drive clean of stuff, it's just for my OS and programs.

Thanks Dee, I'll have to take a look at that tonight. I am determined to figure this mystery out! Are you referring to the entire C drive backup or specifically for LR? I'm a vista users in case that helps.

dont think it would be lr cause they just add those little things you do to tags on the photos... not that i entirely understand LR but i do use it in exactly the same way you do... have you opened your properties on your HD and gone thru to see what folders are large... this may reveal stuff you didnt know you had on your HD and can clean it up...also i regularly empty my temp folder... per my IT guys instructions and then empty my recycle bin...

Heather, I had the same problem with my laptop. The problem was Vista (I don't like Vista.) It was the backup system. It was eating over 40gb of space. Crazy! Dh did something to fix it. Sorry, I can't tell you what, but I do know he found out how to fix it online. I would recommend upgrading to Win7 as soon as it comes out end of Oct. It is much more stable.

Archived