Bamboo Fun Pen And Touch!

ScrappingForever

So I see I'm not the only one drooling over it already! But instead of just drooling, I called around to my local stores till I found one who had them in stock. I asked them to set it aside and I'll be picking it up tonight! Yaaay! I can't tell you how many times I've tried to swipe my fingers on my tablet, like I do on my Touch pad and it just doesn't work! Now, it will!! Yaaay!

But that means I have my old Bamboo Fun that I won't need any more. I have the Bamboo Fun CTE-650. It is still in great shape, so I'm thinking if anyone who is going to the convention would like to buy it from me, that would work perfectly. It is black, btw. I will sell it for $50.

Woo-hooo! Can't wait to get my new toy and play with it! :D

how much are they going for??? I saw the Waacom ad but did not see a price listing for the different sizes...

Ohhhh PLEASE keep us up to date on the new toy....I think I am going to beg for this for my birthday in November. Hee hee. I have the Bamboo Fun CTE 450 and I like it but ohhh to have the touch function on the tablet as well as using the pen has to be the BOMB of all tablets!!!!

LOL!

So I see I'm not the only one drooling over it already! But instead of just drooling, I called around to my local stores till I found one who had them in stock. I asked them to set it aside and I'll be picking it up tonight! Yaaay! I can't tell you how many times I've tried to swipe my fingers on my tablet, like I do on my Touch pad and it just doesn't work! Now, it will!! Yaaay!

But that means I have my old Bamboo Fun that I won't need any more. I have the Bamboo Fun CTE-650. It is still in great shape, so I'm thinking if anyone who is going to the convention would like to buy it from me, that would work perfectly. It is black, btw. I will sell it for $50.

Woo-hooo! Can't wait to get my new toy and play with it! :D

Jan....I might take you up on that offer.

The cheapest one is $99, I think the working area is around 4 x 6 on that one. The Bamboo Fun is $199. The size seems to be about the same size as the Bamboo Fun that I have roughly 8.5 x 5.5. And I believe that's the same price I paid back when I got my original Bamboo Fun, so I thought that was pretty good.

Tiza, let me know if you're certain, and it's yours! :D

Oh, I'm going to have to take a look at this too. I can't even tell you how many times I've ran my hand across my tablet, to wake up my screen, like I would the mouse pad. I hadn't yet heard about it...off to check it out. I have a b-day coming up too...LOL.

Jan, there's going to be a lineup to see your new toy! LOL I got the email too and immediately checked it out. The price looks great but I think I have to use my current tablet more than I do in order to feel deserving of an upgrade......of course, you can try to talk me out of that line of thinking! :o

Jan I just saw this thread this morning and thought oh my goodness I think that I had better use my bamboo pen and tablet first. So I have got in down out of the cobwebs dusted it off and have been playing for literally only half an hour and thinking why have I not used this wonderful machine. I don't like my touch pad so probably won't be tempted for the touch bamboo (yet!!!) Thanks so much for the inspiration. I will have to now try and do a layout with it.

Enjoy your new toy. I will look forward to seeing how you like it.

Argh! I am more than a little disgruntled right now! We went to Staples to pick up my new toy and when I told the guy at customer service why I was there, he looked at me like I had three heads. He then asked another person, who hadn't any more clue than he did. So they asked a third person, who also was totally confused. Two of them walked back to where the new Bamboos are displayed, and lo and behold, they don't even CARRY the Bamboo Fun! UGH! They then checked on the Staples website and it's only showing the old Intuos tablets! UGH! I was sooo ready to play tonite!

So, B&H photos carries them. I'm going to check them out there right now, and see if I can get it ordered and sent to me before I have to leave next Saturday. They should be able to get it here, since they are in New York and I'm in Maryland.

I'll let you know....sigh....

Argh! I am more than a little disgruntled right now! We went to Staples to pick up my new toy and when I told the guy at customer service why I was there, he looked at me like I had three heads. He then asked another person, who hadn't any more clue than he did. So they asked a third person, who also was totally confused. Two of them walked back to where the new Bamboos are displayed, and lo and behold, they don't even CARRY the Bamboo Fun! UGH! They then checked on the Staples website and it's only showing the old Intuos tablets! UGH! I was sooo ready to play tonite!

So, B&H photos carries them. I'm going to check them out there right now, and see if I can get it ordered and sent to me before I have to leave next Saturday. They should be able to get it here, since they are in New York and I'm in Maryland.

I'll let you know....sigh....

Oh no Jan! I hope you had more luck at the other place.

Well, I've decided to exercise a little patience (I have very little, in case you didn't notice. ;)), and wait till they come into the stores around here. The local Best Buy should be getting them on Tuesday, so I guess I can wait until then. I decided that made more sense than ordering online and paying an arm and a leg for fast shipping, just to get it here basically the same day they would show up in the store.

So, I'm hold until next week...sigh....

But you guys will be the first to know when I have that little baby in my hands! :D

I found the small ones at my local Best Buy, but i really want the medium size one, that's the size of mine. Gonna have to order it I think. I had to order my medium. I think I got it through Costco.com, so that's where I'll check. Doubt I'll get it in time for the convention though.

Ok, broke down and ordered it through Wacom direct and even paid a little extra for 2 day shipping, so I could have it before SLC. None of our local stores has it yet, B&H is closed for the Yom Kipur and no one else has it in their online catalogues yet. I'll let you know how awsome it is when I get it and for those of you going to SLC, I'll let you play with it. My old one has already been spoken for. I love my tablet and I think the touch feature will really be fantastic. Can you imagine how much faster I can make my moves while playing bejeweled blitz? Watch out Ang, I'll beat you yet.

What a fun thread. Glad to see some tablet inspiration going on. Jan or Sandi, I would love to see how that touch feature works, if you don't mind. I am not used to a touch pad and I automatically pick up my pen to do anything on a computer. I just bought my new toy for convention and would have to wait awhile on the tablet.

I got one! I was still trying to decide what I wanted for my birthday and we were in Staples today & there they were!

I got the smaller pen and touch. I never got the hang of my old tablet & I don't use the touch pad on my laptop so I

didn't now if I would use this. I love it so far!

It's here! It's here! It's here! And I love it! I just finished customizing it! The fingers swipes are exactly the same as on the Mac touchpad, so no learning curve there! I love the fact that I can do both pen and touch. And I love the little pen holder thingy on the side! No more losing my poor pen, or having the kitties play with it and knock it under the chair!

Love it!

It is a little wider than the old Bamboo Fun, but not enough to be a pain. And I love the silver color!

Love, love LOVE it!

Have I mentioned that I love it?? ;)

It's here! It's here! It's here! And I love it! I just finished customizing it! The fingers swipes are exactly the same as on the Mac touchpad, so no learning curve there! I love the fact that I can do both pen and touch. And I love the little pen holder thingy on the side! No more losing my poor pen, or having the kitties play with it and knock it under the chair!

Love it!

It is a little wider than the old Bamboo Fun, but not enough to be a pain. And I love the silver color!

Love, love LOVE it!

Have I mentioned that I love it?? ;)

Hmm....Jan doesn't sound excited about it at all. Maybe she doesn't like it ;)

One thing I love about Jan is she and I love the same toys. LOL. Mine came today too, just set it up, but haven't done the custom settings yet. It is a little wider, but i agree, no problem. I love the pen holder thingy too. The touch for me is a little weird, since i haven't been using a touch pad for so long, just a pen, but it is so easy!!!!!!!! I just love, love, love it. My old one is silver too, looks very sharp. I wonder if I'll miss the touch ring, not that I used that, but the touches do what it did, so just a little adjustment needed. The pen is just a little larger, but not enough to have a noticable difference. Now I'm going to go try Bejeweled Blitz to see how the touch works with the game.

Okay, I've never used a tablet. In fact, I have avoided learning about them so I wouldn't have one more thing to carry in my laptop case. But, now that everyone is jumping up & down with joy......I might have to investigate this new toy.

Sandi, will you give me a demo of what it can do and how you use it for scrapping?

Sigh...

Of course Steph. Its so great that they came out the week before the convention. I have a feeling after you see what Jan and I can do with them, more than a few will be ordered soon. there is a big gift-giving holiday coming up no too far in the future you know.

OK - I just ordered my new touch & pen bamboo and Jan it's all your fault! lol I refuse to take responsibility for my actions! Too bad I won't be at the convention because I will be selling my old bamboo fun with 2 pens which isn't even a year old! My justification for this purchase is that I can sell the PSE7 which comes with new one and cut my cost! Isn't that great justification? I got mine from Amazon and should have it by Wed.

I hope I love it as much as you gals seem to!

Archived