Bamboo Fun Pen And Touch!

ScrappingForever

My Bamboo is jealous of your Bamboo. I think I will ask for this for my b-day or Christmas which are back to back. Plus, I need a reward for the hard work of giving birth--besides that of a lovely new baby which is the best gift of course.

Yeah Margot! You will love your new toy. Did you get the small or the medium one. I was ordering

a remote for my camera last night & saw that Amazon was over $10 cheaper for the small pen and touch.

Laurie - I got the small which is what I have now and I'm very happy with that size plus it's better on the budget! I had some birthday money so I used it for the new Bamboo.

I am not currently liking my new tablet! :hit-head-with-hammer: I cannot get it to scroll or zoom correctly and am getting totally frustrated. Going to walk away from it for a while and then tackle it again. I never got along with my touch pad on the laptop so this may have the same result.

I love mine, i recommend Catherine's class too Bamboo Fun it is great, i have totally ditched my mouse too!

Do you have the new touch pad? I loved my old one but the touch on this new one - not so much! I took Catherine's class but it isn't helping with my current problem. I totally ditched my mouse months ago too.

I have had my Bamboo Pen and Touch for about 2 weeks and it is fun. Different but I think I will like it. I was using a Bamboo Fun Tablet before I got this and LOVED it. I am on a laptop and can't do the touch pad thing with my arthritis. I am good with that pen and it has saved me major wrist strain. However I do notice that using the touch surface kind of strains me at times but I still like it. I just go back to my pen for a bit. I get better at the touch all the time. I have an Iphone so was use to some of the touch functions. I have noticed my driver stopping a few times but I don't know if that is just my computer, probably is. Now I have four tablets. Do you think I have a problem? LOL I ordered mine from Amazon.com and got the 3 year Squaretrade warranty so I am excited.

Good Morning Gals! Those of you who got the new touch pad - do you still like it? I returned mine - I couldn't get it to rotate objects and the zoom didn't always work. Maybe I got a bad one? I downloaded the latest driver but it didn't seem to make a difference. I love the touch ring on the Bamboo Fun. My current problem - my touch ring on my old Bamboo Fun won't move. The pad fell on the floor the other day so I assume my warranty is void. If so, should I get the old

bamboo Fun or go with the new touch pad. I really miss my pad. Have any of you noticed a problem with the touch?

Have mine packed up and ready to return to Amazon. I think it is a neat concept with all the touch things out there but it wasn't working for me. I had trouble at first with my PSE crashing and another program I use called Art Rage. I wrote customer service and the guy talked me through uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. Well that worked great for a few days and then right back to crashing. It always says it is the pen tablet too. One other thing that bothered me is the pen scraped on the surface of the pad. I could hear it scraping. Well when I picked it up to look at it I could see visible scratches on the surface. I had a Squaretrade warranty so I would have been covered but I didn't want to be stuck with it. I had decided that even if I could only use the pen then that would be okay but even that wasn't going to work out when it kept crashing my PSE. So back it goes tomorrow. I broke out my Bamboo Fun and have to say I think I missed it. : ) I did miss those buttons at the top and it feels better to my hand. I am going to just stick with it right now. But the other is a neat idea, just wasn't working out for me.

i have a bamboo for my LT and when i am traveling to my dd in nyc...at home on my dt i have an intuos 3... can anyone explain to me what the difference is with the touch...and reading this mb at first i thought oooohhhh another thing i may have to upgrade to...but then the last few posts here are mentioning differing views on how it works and changing over from the bamboo or the intuos... maybe if its not broken dont fix it applies here??? interested to know what the "touch" means and how you like it if you have it

I just bought a Bamboo Craft, which includes touch, and am loving it (in fact, more than the pen.) Touch means that you can use it like a large touchpad, but it does much more. Two fingertips down = right-click. Sweep two fingers to the left = Browser Go Back to previous page. Slide fingers together or apart = zoom -/+, etc. Hope this helps a bit, but check do check out the videos on their web site for more details.

Okay, I've always assumed that tablets were too expensive for me to bother with, but after reading this thread and checking out Wacom's website, I think I might be interested in adding the Pen & Touch model to my Christmas list. But - I want to make sure I know what to expect before I get one. Can you put your handwriting directly on a layout using the tablet? I know they work well with the dynamic brushes, but what else do you use your tablet for? Just for some background, I scrap with a Macbook and CS4. Thanks for any help!

Also, is it worth the extra $30 to upgrade to the Craft version? I like the white color better (it matches my Macbook better ;) ), but besides that, any advantage?

The craft version also includes PSE 7 (for now, maybe PSE 8 sometime) and Corel Painter Essentials. Both are VERY cool applications, and if you don't have them, it's a deal! I was in Best Buy last week, and the guy was bragging that "Oh, yes, last week we had them on sale for $100." Not what I wanted to hear, so I asked him "Can you ask the manager if they'll make me a deal?" I was also buying a hub and printer ink. He put the request in to the register, and I got it for $109 instead of $129.

The worst they can do is say "no" when you ask for deal! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

I'm still liking my pen and touch, but I'm not using the touch part as much as I thought I would. when I went to set the function for the buttons, it wouldn't let me put anything with the shift in it. and three of the four button functions I want have shift. I haven't had the time to check into that any further though. I'll work on that soon. I like it ok, but not sure that I like it any better than my old one. Not really unhappy, just more neutral in it. It looks great though. I do think the location of the buttons is better and you can set it for either right or left handed use. I also like that there's a little pen holder attached.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooooo do I want one of these for my birthday? I THINK I would love the touch part but the pen on my other one gave me problems. I have trouble holding and writing with a pen and use an offset mouse which is more natural for my hand. Would I be better off with the touch only since I probably won't use the pen much or should I get the pen just in case?

Guest siraacsa

I have just installed my Bamboo Pen and Touch. I haven't opened PSE yet because I am having too much fun playing the mini games that come with Bamboo Dock. Make sure you register and you can download some fun little applications that are designed specifically for the tablet.

Soooooooo do I want one of these for my birthday? I THINK I would love the touch part but the pen on my other one gave me problems. I have trouble holding and writing with a pen and use an offset mouse which is more natural for my hand. Would I be better off with the touch only since I probably won't use the pen much or should I get the pen just in case?

Personally, I would get the pen just in case. Better to have and not use too much than not have and want it!

The touch is SO cool! Let us know how you like it!!!!! Did you end up getting it for your birthday?

Guest siraacsa

Hi Jan, if you go to the Wacom site and log into your account (which you probably created when you registered your product), look under the tab called My Privileges. There are a number of different applications ranging from video editing, handwriting and the Bamboo Dock and Minis which is the one I have been having fun with.

The touch is SO cool! Let us know how you like it!!!!! Did you end up getting it for your birthday?

I DID! So far I love it. The pen is even fairly comfortable to use. I love the way the touch pad works for navigating the web and everything. I docked my mouse for now and am only using the pad.

Archived