6 replies to this topic

#1 brattylatina

brattylatina

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:58 PM

My hard drive on my laptop is getting full. I have a desktop that is new but I never use because it is upstairs and I hate being upstairs by myself. I use my laptop for everything. Does the ehd have to be for the desktop only or can I use it for the laptop?

I don't want anything too expensive but not something that is going to crash either. Any suggestions? I saw one at Fry's (can't remember brand) for around $70.

#2 JenniferZ

JenniferZ

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Personal Statement:Strong Women: May we know them. May we raise them. May we be them.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

I've been really happy with my Maxtor One Touch 4. I have a 500GB, but believe it or not -- it's getting full, so I am in the market for a 1TB. You can use EHDs for laptops or desktops.

spring10siggy.png
Button_Designer.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#3 michgirl

michgirl

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am grateful for what I have, I have been blessed.

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:27 PM

I also have the Maxtor One Touch (two of 'em, a 500 GB and a 320 GB). Why I selected this one is because it have a five year warranty, and it is goes on/off with the PC, which is nice. The software that comes with it is very simple to use.
Posted Image
"Be thankful for what you have, you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never have enough." - Oprah Winfrey

#4 Yvonne53

Yvonne53

Thankful for my family & friends!

• Members
  • 3,964 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a Wife, Mom, Grandma, Teacher, Artist, Geologist,, Student of Life & SG!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

I have a 500GB Western Digital that I love! I also have a 250GB and both can be hooked up to the laptop, which is what we do to carry all of our SG files and photos; this way you can scrap everywhere! Costco has EHDs on sale right now...even the 1TB is about $129 or less! HTH!
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#5 kerryveale

kerryveale

Hi, I'm Kerry & I love Scrap Girls!

• Design Team
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

I really like my 1.5 Tb Freeagent by Seagate (it came with a five-year warranty). My Western Digit 1 Tb has been reliable as well, although it is out of warranty by now; it only came with a one-year. The Seagate clicks a bit, but that is normal. It seems to be a bit faster than the Western Digital, too.

~ Kerry ~
Designs~ Gallery
   SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif         Button_Designer.png

The Adagio digital scrapbooking kit will spark your creativity in creating layouts for travel, performances, music, romance,

special occasions like dances, and heritage layouts. (Images are clickable)
KVE_Adagio_MKTG_150.jpg KVE_Adagio_LO1_150.jpg KVE_Adagio_LO2_150.jpg KVE_Adagio_PaperSamples_MKTG_150.jpg

#6 sunnie2004

sunnie2004

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 10,774 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am me nothing more nothing less!

Laurie in Pa took my photo for my photo! TY!!

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

I have a seagate also Kerrry So far I have no issues...knock on wood!!
Posted ImagePosted Image
My blog I play with pscs3 !!!
over 5055 gallery comments left!! Imagine I did this stuff

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 PhotoshopScrapper

PhotoshopScrapper

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

I have 2 seagates ... a 320GB and a 1TB. Both are sold as internal 3.5"drives and I purchased external cases for them. Both are 7200RPM. Ihaven't had any problems with either. The 320 is probably 2 years oldand the 1TB is probably about 6 or 7 months old.

I buy internal HDs because generally they're cheaper then ones marketedas EHDs and sometimes they come with better warranties. Both of minecame with 5 year warranties. Right now they both sit in the same enclosure which means one power switch and one USB port is used for both.

2 years ago I paid about $100 for the 320. I paid about $120 for the 1TB mid 2008.

I've been very happy with my Seagates and yes, you can just shut them off and move them from machine to machine ... I do it frequently between our computers.
Posted Image

Denise
My beautiful new siggy created by a Cheshire Cat??? Thank you!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users