Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brattylatina

Ehd

7 posts in this topic

My hard drive on my laptop is getting full. I have a desktop that is new but I never use because it is upstairs and I hate being upstairs by myself. I use my laptop for everything. Does the ehd have to be for the desktop only or can I use it for the laptop?

I don't want anything too expensive but not something that is going to crash either. Any suggestions? I saw one at Fry's (can't remember brand) for around $70.

I've been really happy with my Maxtor One Touch 4. I have a 500GB, but believe it or not -- it's getting full, so I am in the market for a 1TB. You can use EHDs for laptops or desktops.

I also have the Maxtor One Touch (two of 'em, a 500 GB and a 320 GB). Why I selected this one is because it have a five year warranty, and it is goes on/off with the PC, which is nice. The software that comes with it is very simple to use.

I have a 500GB Western Digital that I love! I also have a 250GB and both can be hooked up to the laptop, which is what we do to carry all of our SG files and photos; this way you can scrap everywhere! Costco has EHDs on sale right now...even the 1TB is about $129 or less! HTH!

I really like my 1.5 Tb Freeagent by Seagate (it came with a five-year warranty). My Western Digit 1 Tb has been reliable as well, although it is out of warranty by now; it only came with a one-year. The Seagate clicks a bit, but that is normal. It seems to be a bit faster than the Western Digital, too.

I have a seagate also Kerrry So far I have no issues...knock on wood!!

I have 2 seagates ... a 320GB and a 1TB. Both are sold as internal 3.5"drives and I purchased external cases for them. Both are 7200RPM. Ihaven't had any problems with either. The 320 is probably 2 years oldand the 1TB is probably about 6 or 7 months old.

I buy internal HDs because generally they're cheaper then ones marketedas EHDs and sometimes they come with better warranties. Both of minecame with 5 year warranties. Right now they both sit in the same enclosure which means one power switch and one USB port is used for both.

2 years ago I paid about $100 for the 320. I paid about $120 for the 1TB mid 2008.

I've been very happy with my Seagates and yes, you can just shut them off and move them from machine to machine ... I do it frequently between our computers.