Atc Swap!

CRS

Note: I am posting this here so that more people can see it. It's the same info as in the Events thread. I just want to make sure everyone sees it, especially those of us not going to the convention!

Not going to the convention this year? Disappointed that youll miss out on things, such as swapping ATCs (Artist Trading Cards)? Or wishing you could swap ATCs with other members who are attending the convention? Then have we got good news for you!!

Whether you are attending the convention or not, we are organizing an ATC swap! If you would like to participate, send the following information to scrapgirls.carla@gmail.com :

Your name

Your screen name

Mailing address

Email address

Please send your information by Thursday, October 8th. On Friday, October 9th, I will email a list of names and addresses to all those on the list.

In the meantime, start working on your ATCs! Once you receive the addresses, you can start mailing them out! It wont be the same as exchanging them in person, but it will still be fun to receive them!

Have questions? We will also be having a chat next week to talk about it all. Feel free to pm me with questions or post in this thread, too!

I better get my ATCs done! I'll be using Valerie Randall's free template!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E-mail sent already...now I just need to have some helpful instructions about printing ATC's. But I think I may be getting the cart before the horse since I haven't even thought about the design for the ATC's!

No Secret. I just printed out the front and printed out the back and then just doublestick taped them together :) Oh and the middle is actually cereal boxes cut out to size so it has some firmness to it. Then I put them in the 2.5x3.5 plastic sleeves which you can get at any comic book store or online as they use them to protect their trading cards like pokemon, etc.

I haven't even made mine yet, much less tried to print them! The only suggestion I have to check the convention atc threads and see if there is any info there. If I get a chance, I'll do that and let you all know. It's been an insane weekend!

I've responded to all the emails I've received, so if you haven't heard from me, please let me know!

OK, I have my ATC design for front and back done and ready to print. (BTW, should we be posting these in the Back at the Ranch Gallery, or not until after sending?)

If I want to have Artscow print them, it looks like I select custom cards and drag side one in to the front of each of 54 cards, and then do the same for the back sides. Is that really how you do it?

Also, my front and back are both landscape. I couldn't find anything about how the cards are "flipped" when printed. Are they "flipped" along the long edge, or short edge?

I feel like I'm missing something, and want to get them printed so I can send them off before I get too behind! Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure how to go about printing them. I'm doing mine at home, but haven't done it yet. I'm waiting for the girls to go back to school before I try it. You can post them in the BATR gallery or the ATC gallery if you want to.

I have quite a few of my ATC's left over from convention. If anyone would like them I'd be happy to mail you one. smile.gif

I would love to have one, please. :-) I will return one to you, when I have mine finished, if you would like. It's my first time to make one and I'm just learning the program, so don't expect too much.. lol :-)

Your signature is great, and I'm sure your atc's will be lovely!

So how does this work? Does someone have the mailing addresses or are we supposed to pm Carla?

I've never done anything like this, so I'm not sure. Perhaps it would be best to chat with Carla about it. :-)

No Worries there Ann. I haven't done mine yet. What I plan to do is double mine sorta make it a 3.5" wide by 5" long and fold up in half so that way I can tape the insides with double stick tape and have both front and back already taken care of. I plan to print mine out on glossy photo paper and put them in ATC or Trading Card plastic inserts and mail those out.

Wendee Carla sent out the addy's already. For those of us who want a copy of your atc, we can PM you and you can send us the address either by PM or by email :)

My first ATC was a little generic...so I made another one that was a little more about me. Now can someone tell me where I might find (in this podunk town) the plastic sleeves that I need to put them in....if I ever figure out the printing, that is!! I'm hoping that you all get a card sometime soon! And, are you all going to post your cards to the gallery before you mail them out, or are you going to wait until you think most of them have been received? This is a new venture for me, certainly don't want to make any major mistakes!

Ann Mine is already in the BATR Gallery. As to the plastic sleeves, do you have a store in Bend that does comic books to the public or even a trading card place where they trade pokemon, magic cards and all that? They do sell the plastic sleeves for those types of cards.

here is a link for a place online that sells the mylar ones and the price is good.

Vaugnde, that is so far out of my range...I rarely get beyond Cold Water Creek and Best Buy....so I will go looking tomorrow! Thanks for the tip. And I'll go and check out your card...I may get the courage to post mine tomorrow.

Archived