Atc Swap!

CRS

Thanks Ann! Why do you choose a Mac over PC? It sounds like it is destined for you to have the ipod. Good excuse to get the grandkids to visit and help out with the setup. :-)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so happy - snail mail brought me two new ATC cards today too from Carla and Heatheranne - they were both just amazing and I loved getting them! Thank you so much - hope to pick mine up tomorrow - would have today but Rich got hurt and have been playing Nurse Steph and Doc Sandy all day - hey! where are you two when I need you? Guess I should post about his injury - or none of this will make any sense - back injury - didn't get shot or anything awful, but taking care of a man is.......well.........need I say more?

Heatheranne, I have lots of ideas - will get back with you later about what I want and want to tell you a few things about a scanner before you buy.

Hugs and thanks for the beautiful ATC cards!

Sara Ellen (to keep me from being confused from Super Sara)

Carla: How do I change my name to Sara Ellen Arell above my picture? Can't figure it out.

Thanks Ann! Why do you choose a Mac over PC? It sounds like it is destined for you to have the ipod. Good excuse to get the grandkids to visit and help out with the setup. :-)

Heather, I've always used a Mac, I just bought an inexpensive PC laptop as a back up convenience. The Mac is just so easy to use, you don't have to go hunting for things, it's all right there. And they are very reliable. They are also more resistant to virus infection. Plus (and this is TRULY important!) they look really cool! On the down side, there is not as much software available, but I have everything I want and need. Mac was designed with graphic programs in mind, and they are just so much better than PC's.

I am so happy - snail mail brought me two new ATC cards today too from Carla and Heatheranne - they were both just amazing and I loved getting them! Thank you so much - hope to pick mine up tomorrow - would have today but Rich got hurt and have been playing Nurse Steph and Doc Sandy all day - hey! where are you two when I need you? Guess I should post about his injury - or none of this will make any sense - back injury - didn't get shot or anything awful, but taking care of a man is.......well.........need I say more?

Heatheranne, I have lots of ideas - will get back with you later about what I want and want to tell you a few things about a scanner before you buy.

Carla: How do I change my name to Sara Ellen Arell above my picture? Can't figure it out.

You're welcome Sara. I'm looking forward to chatting with you about scanners. :-)

Heather, I've always used a Mac, I just bought an inexpensive PC laptop as a back up convenience. The Mac is just so easy to use, you don't have to go hunting for things, it's all right there. And they are very reliable. They are also more resistant to virus infection. Plus (and this is TRULY important!) they look really cool! On the down side, there is not as much software available, but I have everything I want and need. Mac was designed with graphic programs in mind, and they are just so much better than PC's.

Thanks for the info Ann. My main concern was for compatability with software and hardware for that matter. I've heard that they are resistant to viruses, which is a definate plus. Luckily, since I started to use Microsofts One Care Antivir, I haven't had a problem, but they're stopping it in a year or so! What's with that? Something that works great and is affordable and they aren't going to use it anymore! At least it's free now, until they shut it down.

I think Mac has it's own programing, which may be the seller point. The fact that you can use Windows is helpful as well, since I am used to the way Windows works. I didn't realized that Mac was designed with graphics in mind but it makes sense, because they were originally designed for businesses, then spread to personal use. Okay, so I guess that's the way the whole industry was, but PC's do have a habit of not getting all their ducks in a row before they push a product! Thanks again. :-)

Is it too late to join? When is the next meeting/chat?

Yeppers for this one Happy. But Sherry Lynn should be in charge of the normal monthly ATCs and I don't know when the next one will be. This one was a convention/back at the ranch actual ATC swap :)

Congratulations Ann on your Ipod. Heather I would LOVE a Mac myself but cannot afford one at the moment.

Currently have received ATCs from Theresa, Gayle, Ann, Carla and Heather. Mine should be going out in Saturday's mail :)

Sara Ellen, PM wxchic (Theresa) or DDecker (Dee) and they will change it for you.

DITTO THAT! Ann, you said it so well - I love my Macs!

Sara Ellen, PM wxchic (Theresa) or DDecker (Dee) and they will change it for you.

Thanks, V - I kind of thought that maybe I couldn't change it myself because I searched and found nothing on my profile that talked about changing that part of it - thank you for reminding me.

Thanks for the info Ann. My main concern was for compatability with software and hardware for that matter. I've heard that they are resistant to viruses, which is a definate plus. Luckily, since I started to use Microsofts One Care Antivir, I haven't had a problem, but they're stopping it in a year or so! What's with that? Something that works great and is affordable and they aren't going to use it anymore! At least it's free now, until they shut it down.

I think Mac has it's own programing, which may be the seller point. The fact that you can use Windows is helpful as well, since I am used to the way Windows works. I didn't realized that Mac was designed with graphics in mind but it makes sense, because they were originally designed for businesses, then spread to personal use. Okay, so I guess that's the way the whole industry was, but PC's do have a habit of not getting all their ducks in a row before they push a product! Thanks again. :-)

DITTO ON THAT!

I still have most of mine to mail...life has been getting in the way.

I haven't forgotten you!

:)

Gayle, life has a way of getting in the way at the worst times, doesn't it? Whew! I have not forgotten either - just got caught up in all the little things that keep happening around here -

I haven't forgotten any of you - and I have so loved the cards I have gotten - they are all just awesome and it tickles me to get snail mail - so nice to actually have something other than a bill in the mailbox! Patience - I will get mine out - feeling guilty that I am among the last to get them out when it was me who wanted to do this! But I will!

I think it will take about 2 weeks for one to get to me :) so looking forward to them as they sound fabulous. I have mine printed now and hopefully get them in the post this week so keep an eye on your letterboxes in 2 weeks time!!! The joys of living so far away :(

Ya'll are gonna laugh when you get the mail. I decided my itty bitty digital atc wasn't enough so went though my stash (well I unpacked a lot of my old atcs from old ATC swap days) and got inspired to actually create some ATCs. I have LOTS of toppers and such so each one of you will get a different ATC as well as the digital one. Please do take pictures or scan when you get them because I did not take pictures of each individual one I created. Some I found from as far back as 2006 and 2007 and then some I actually created last night from 3 pm in the afternoon until 8 pm. So Enjoy!

Sounds fun, V. I can't wait!!!

Ann, I have an Ipod, so feel free to email or PM me with any questions you have! I have the smallest one, but I'm going to ask Santa for a bigger one for Christmas. I love using mine, but right now I only listen to music on it, no audio books yet.

Ann, I have an ipod and I use it for music and audio books. I love it! I have a pc with windows xp and I downloaded itunes and it works great! I've also used audible.com and loaded the books onto my ipod and it's worked well too. Our county library uses RecordedBooks.com and I can check out audio books and load them onto my ipod. I do that all the time because it's free. There are free photoshop tv podcasts on itunes too. Fun stuff!

I've got to run to the post office so I'm hoping to get my cards in the mail today. I've loved the cards I've received. Thanks!

Hooray!!!! My replacement power supply for my desktop arrived, and works, so my favorite computer is up and running again! I printed my ATCs, addressed the envelopes, and will be mailing them tomorrow.

I've gotten some already :thankyou:

and was feeling guilty about the delay getting mine done. No more guilt now--pass the chocolate, please! :daisy:

I am LOVING this new toy....downloaded a couple of books from the library's collection and shot a short video with the built in camera. What fun! But here's a question for those with more experience: can I use it on both my PC laptop and my Mac desktop, or should I stick to one platform? Also, LOVING those beautiful cards that show up in my mail box everyday...thank you all SOOOOO much....I vote for a repeat of this exchange.

Archived