Atc Swap!

CRS

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Di,

you can get them printed at Walgreens if you put them on an 8x10 sheet or at Staples 9 to a page if you put them on an 8.5x11 sheet. Put it on a usb drive and then take it in and tell them how big it needs to be and what kind of paper you want (semi-gloss will work here) and how many pages and they'll do it. So simple, easy and cost effective and Yes thats the route I should have taken LOL but thats okay...I like doing it at home too. But I have printed from Staples in the past and they are nice and quick. Office Max and Office Depot will do the same thing as well. just make sure you put it on a sheet in your digi program and however many to a sheet. I know that by experience having them put on a 8.5x11 sheet you can get 9 on there.

You will have to cut them out yourself but thats pretty easy to do :)

Di,

you can get them printed at Walgreens if you put them on an 8x10 sheet or at Staples 9 to a page if you put them on an 8.5x11 sheet. Put it on a usb drive and then take it in and tell them how big it needs to be and what kind of paper you want (semi-gloss will work here) and how many pages and they'll do it. So simple, easy and cost effective and Yes thats the route I should have taken LOL but thats okay...I like doing it at home too. But I have printed from Staples in the past and they are nice and quick. Office Max and Office Depot will do the same thing as well. just make sure you put it on a sheet in your digi program and however many to a sheet. I know that by experience having them put on a 8.5x11 sheet you can get 9 on there.

You will have to cut them out yourself but thats pretty easy to do smile.gif

Thanks V! Now do they print both sides or are we only designing one side???

I've never done this before and I keep putting these things like this swap and the LO swap because of fear of nt doing a good job but I am forcing myself, that is the only way I will learn and overcome this fear.

Di, I guarantee that we will love whatever you do, because it's an expression of you.

So stop worrying about that!

I can't speak for if Walgreens will print duplex, but I would be thrilled to get a single sided ATC from you, knowing it's your first.

:)

I agree with Gayle. It'll print the front side. You can always put a label on the back that you can create in your own computer you know like an address label except you can put on the back Artist Trading Card, Name of Swap____________, Date _____________ (which includes the year) and a line with your email address. Thats what I did for years with my handmade ATCs and sent them out that way. You'll see one when I get some more made up to send out since I do need to print out a few more :)

For the first time this time I created them in WORD instead of DesignPro which is a free program from Avery and no longer available. Took me a short while to figure it out but once I got it it was easy to do. I created the label in my digi program first then saved it as a jpg and then inserted it as a picture in Word. What I did in WORD was open up a new document, then go to tools and envelopes/labels and click on that then click on the inside of the first label insert picture, copy and then click on each area for the label and pasted the label in each one until I had a full sheet. Then it was easy to print out. Hope that helps and is not too confusing :)

Wendee, I got it at Walmart of all places - it is so cute - and holds about 40 pictures or in my case, ATC cards - it looks like a "tree" with little branches hanging out with loops at the ends of each one that holds the cards very securely but does not damage it. I will try and take a pic and send to you. Christmas time you can find all kinds of these things -

And my cards should be here today! Thank goodness!

Will do - a picture and Walmart is the source but they also have them in Best Buy and Staples too! And I found a bunch online - will have to go back and find those sources and will let you know.

Woo! Hoo! More cards today! Wendee Pease (Creative Sparkle) wonderful colours and I love your photo. Lots of beautiful stamps on your envelope too. Sherry Davis (Sherry Lynn) - wonderful photo and I love the little card you're holding. Gayle Starker (Smiles) - Great photo, framed and on a lovley background. I love the card too! Thank you for the wonderful ATC's girls! :-)

Just don't want anyone to think I'm not sending mine out - they are coming with my Christmas cards since it took three tries and they still got them wrong, but I am keeping them and using them this time - just get the magnifying glass out to read the back! I am loving getting all of yours now though - it is such fun getting to know everyone and getting the snail mail is sooooooo fun!

Archived