• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sarabethp

sarabethp

Where's my Super Suit?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,062 posts
  • Personal Statement:Waiting on God's timing. For he has glorious things planned for me. Jeremiah 29:11

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

I've had LR on my desktop where all my photos are stored. I use synctoy to backup my pictures to my ehd. I use this ehd to hold my files while I scrap on my laptop. I just got Lightroom on my laptop, but all the edits I make in Lightroom didn't transfer. Is it possible to transfer the edit history from one computer to another?
Posted Image

#2 KellyChron

KellyChron

Living La Vida ScrapGirls

• Members
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:14 PM

I think that depends on how you have lightroom access your files and your back up catalogues...

gallery_6718_356_1715.png I scrap with a MAC2010_MW_Sig.gif
BLINKIES_sgdevotee.gifBLINKIES_NightSCRAP.gif

#3 Peppi

Peppi
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:21 AM

Lightroom doesn't change the info on your photos in your photo folder itself. The changes are saved in your Lightroom Catalog. If you want to work on 2 PCs on your photos you will have to export the catalog from one computer to the other and vice versa and merge them. HTH

#4 sarabethp

sarabethp

Where's my Super Suit?

• Members
  • 5,062 posts
  • Personal Statement:Waiting on God's timing. For he has glorious things planned for me. Jeremiah 29:11

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

That does help. I noticed the catalog files. I may just work off the ehd for both computers and see what I can do to merge the catalog.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users