October 2009 Message Board Game

AngRoCamp

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosemary - I never have been able to quite figure out why Gallery posts don't get counted right away and other posts do, but that appears to happen from my observance of posting - guess I need to ask Carla or someone how that works - it would be interesting to know - also don't quite know when they change the posted counts of member's on the forum - it seems to change in the middle of the night for me - have you noticed that?

Don't we wait and just give our final posting no. on the 31st? Or do we have to really know when we hit 250? If so, guess I am in big trouble cause I have no idea.................me - sad.

....Once you have reached 250 posts during the month of October, email Ang at scrapgirlang@gmail.com and include your user name, starting post count and your new post count total. Contest ends on Saturday October 31st at midnight MST!

Thanks for encouraging me to go back and re-read the first post! I need to go send an email...

I finally made it to 250 - my starting point was 30! Yay! Just in time too and with a week off to sew with my mom during her visit!

Way to go, Jenna! Woo! Hoo! I knew you could do it. :-)

:thankyou: Rosemary and Sara Ellen!!!! :waving-hi:

I hit 250 posts for October tonight! Thank you for inviting me to chase you around on the game forum :caterpillar: and for hanging out with me :gathering: until I hit the 250 post goal! Your both wonderful, loyal, considerate Scrap Girls and friends!!! I had so much fun trying to keep up with you, and learning some new things about both of you. :bighug::bighug: Big hugs to both of you!

Rosemary, the pictures are for you, just this once girlfriend, because I have all night now. You wouldn't make it :sleeping: if I did this in a moving :drive1: thread. Nope, I :i-love-it: you too much to do that to you. Just the occasional :dancingelephant:

What pics - I want to see them too, girl - share, share please?

It was such fun playing games with you tonight and I am so happy you made your 250 posts. It is always fun to learn about each other and make such good and fun new friends -

So, once again - WAHOO - you did it, girl and I am proud of you for getting on there and going for it!

Hope we talk again real soon - and don't forget the pics! Whatever they are.....I get lost in the shuffle sometimes - LOL

Hugs, my friend

Sara Ellen (I keep forgetting to add the Ellen)

.....and congrats to you too Jenna!

It was such fun playing games with you tonight and I am so happy you made your 250 posts. It is always fun to learn about each other and make such good and fun new friends -

So, once again - WAHOO - you did it, girl and I am proud of you for getting on there and going for it!

Hope we talk again real soon - and don't forget the pics! Whatever they are.....I get lost in the shuffle sometimes - LOL

Hugs, my friend

Sara Ellen,

I meant the little pictures in my post, what's the right word- emoticons? I should have called them by their correct name.

Rosemary and Debi have such a gift with them, especially on the Thursday boutique thread. I guess there may still be a bit of a little girl in me, because I've really come to look forward to their posts full of emoticons. They really use them in the appropriate contexts and it really enhances their posts, which is just amazing to me. And both of them keep these incredibly funny posts moving, moving, moving right along and manage to use the emoticons, too.

So, I just threw a few in my post,for Rosemary, since this thread wasn't a moving thread.

I've been telling Rosemary since I first talked to her that I'm REALLY slow at typing. She's so patient(I think she answers her PM's, bakes, and maybe does her nails while I'm typing, LOL). I don't worry when I'm just posting like this, but when I'm trying to keep up with a moving thread, I'm more aware of it.

I'm not putting myself down, I'm really not, it's just a fact. I type with 4 fingers, sometimes 6 (wooo!!!), look at EVERY key, then check every few words on the screen. I do shift with my left pinky, but not my right. I type really funky, and cross midline to reach keys, just weird stuff.

My high school typing teacher only passed me because he said he knew I was trying, LOL. The max I typed (at the END of the year) was 19 words a minute, and that was when I was trying my hardest. I'm just thankful that we are way past the days of typewriters, paper, and correction tape/white out, LOL. Now I'm over 50, so I don't guess it's going to get much better.

But you know what? I LOVE to print. I absolutely love to write with a nice sharp pencil on wide ruled notebook paper. My dad is an electrical engineer (of course retired for many years now), and he drew plans for electrical systems for refineries. He had PERFECT handwriting, extremely neat and precise (not so perfect now, he's 77). I used to LOVE to sit next to him and watch him write. I wanted to write just like him.

So, typing is just kind of a bother for me. BUT, I found Valerie's Typography e-book a fascinating read (for real and not for pretend, as my niece used to say). I plan to delve into that whole subject a lot deeper. I think I could become a font junkie. But I'm a visual person, I love color, pattern, texture, scale, repeat...... I could spend days at a time in Calico Corner, LOL.

Talk to you again soon, okay? Have a great evening, Girlfriend!

WTG Cathy! You ROCK GF!!!! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: Sara and I just cheered you on and you did all the work! ..... :disappearing-smilie: right? YUP YUP YUP>....... :rofl: Okay, we might have added a few posts for you to respond to........... doesnt' mean they were done correctly today.. . Less than 4 hours of sleep last night doesn't make for a very productive day!

Just tonight I managed to lock myself our of photoshop trying to figure out what happened to my auto install for my new fonts from SG! ..... :justthinkingabout it: well, lets just say it was .... :drive1: me :banana::banana: and so I tried to fix it............ :booboo: and crashed photoshop all together.......YUP ........ DID....... and then.......... well........ it wasn't pretty, let me tell you!.... :hahohi: ....... NOPE wasnt' funny either!......after a lot of hard :situps: ..mental and physical...... hey had to get up and ............... :walkinghelmet: to the cupboard to get the disc to reinstall it........don'tcha know........ and after two attempts it finally took......so now it's late and my story is done.......... So glad you made it to the whole 250....... :giggle_bear: ... have no idea how many posts I've got ........ thinkin' it may be more than 250 though....... :dunno: ........ just sayin'............and now......... :eekout:

Hugs, my friend

Sara Ellen,

I meant the little pictures in my post, what's the right word- emoticons? I should have called them by their correct name.

Rosemary and Debi have such a gift with them, especially on the Thursday boutique thread. I guess there may still be a bit of a little girl in me, because I've really come to look forward to their posts full of emoticons. They really use them in the appropriate contexts and it really enhances their posts, which is just amazing to me. And both of them keep these incredibly funny posts moving, moving, moving right along and manage to use the emoticons, too.

So, I just threw a few in my post,for Rosemary, since this thread wasn't a moving thread.

I've been telling Rosemary since I first talked to her that I'm REALLY slow at typing. She's so patient(I think she answers her PM's, bakes, and maybe does her nails while I'm typing, LOL). I don't worry when I'm just posting like this, but when I'm trying to keep up with a moving thread, I'm more aware of it.

I'm not putting myself down, I'm really not, it's just a fact. I type with 4 fingers, sometimes 6 (wooo!!!), look at EVERY key, then check every few words on the screen. I do shift with my left pinky, but not my right. I type really funky, and cross midline to reach keys, just weird stuff.

My high school typing teacher only passed me because he said he knew I was trying, LOL. The max I typed (at the END of the year) was 19 words a minute, and that was when I was trying my hardest. I'm just thankful that we are way past the days of typewriters, paper, and correction tape/white out, LOL. Now I'm over 50, so I don't guess it's going to get much better.

But you know what? I LOVE to print. I absolutely love to write with a nice sharp pencil on wide ruled notebook paper. My dad is an electrical engineer (of course retired for many years now), and he drew plans for electrical systems for refineries. He had PERFECT handwriting, extremely neat and precise (not so perfect now, he's 77). I used to LOVE to sit next to him and watch him write. I wanted to write just like him.

So, typing is just kind of a bother for me. BUT, I found Valerie's Typography e-book a fascinating read (for real and not for pretend, as my niece used to say). I plan to delve into that whole subject a lot deeper. I think I could become a font junkie. But I'm a visual person, I love color, pattern, texture, scale, repeat...... I could spend days at a time in Calico Corner, LOL.

Talk to you again soon, okay? Have a great evening, Girlfriend!

Tee-Hee, Carole! I didn't catch that - should have cause you are right - you usually don't use so many emotiocoms - :blondmoment: I was really expecting some really cool pics! And I agree with you, Rosemary absolutely is a multi-tasker and I too believe that she cooks, cleans and does her nails while posting - even on the BB thread! :conversation::welldone4jb: Rosemary!

WTG Cathy! You ROCK GF!!!! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: Sara and I just cheered you on and you did all the work! ..... :disappearing-smilie: right? YUP YUP YUP>....... :rofl: Okay, we might have added a few posts for you to respond to........... doesnt' mean they were done correctly today.. . Less than 4 hours of sleep last night doesn't make for a very productive day!

Just tonight I managed to lock myself our of photoshop trying to figure out what happened to my auto install for my new fonts from SG! ..... :justthinkingabout it: well, lets just say it was .... :drive1: me :banana::banana: and so I tried to fix it............ :booboo: and crashed photoshop all together.......YUP ........ DID....... and then.......... well........ it wasn't pretty, let me tell you!.... :hahohi: ....... NOPE wasnt' funny either!......after a lot of hard :situps: ..mental and physical...... hey had to get up and ............... :walkinghelmet: to the cupboard to get the disc to reinstall it........don'tcha know........ and after two attempts it finally took......so now it's late and my story is done.......... So glad you made it to the whole 250....... :giggle_bear: ... have no idea how many posts I've got ........ thinkin' it may be more than 250 though....... :dunno: ........ just sayin'............and now......... :eekout:

:hit-head-with-hammer::hit-head-with-hammer:NOT EVEN GOING TO GUESS WHO USED THE MOST EMOTICONS (how do you spell what they are!) :giggle_bear::giggle_bear::giggle_bear::giggle_bear: ....and YUP, Rosemary and I were just your cheerleaders!

Archived