Taggin In Windows Photo Gallery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DeeMac

DeeMac
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:17 AM

I am new to digi-scrapping, so I spent a lot of time last evening tagging the supplies that I got from the Boutique. This morning the tags were not there! I must have forgotten to do something once I tagged, but I can't figure out what it is. I have a Vista handbook, and I went to Help, but I'm not figuring out what 'step' I must have missed. I'm not a total dunce when it comes to the computer, but this is certainly making me feel like one!!!!!

#2 candyK

candyK

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

click on an item in your stash. over on the R hand side you should see the tags that apply to that particular item. The tags--at least in mine-don't just appear in a list. when you start typing a tag, the first letters will bring up a list of similar tags you have used. Brad, is different from brad, buttons is different from button. I had to make myself the rule of always using the singular and always going with no caps--just m y own preference to avoid so many similar tags!
HTH candyK

#3 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

DeeMac,
Did you MOVE the files in Windows Explorer or Computer after you tagged them? PNGs do not store their own tags internally, so you must move them around INSIDE Windows Photo Gallery--there are some other threads on this if you need details. JPEGs (most papers) do store their own tags, so they should be ok even if moved outside of WPG. Hope this helps.

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
Scrap10-Blinkie.gif  SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users