Ehds, Laptops, And Online Backups, Oh My!

I started using Backblaze last summer to back up my desktop computer. Soon I'm going to get an EHD and switch to primarily using my laptop. I'll be moving all the many GB of photos and digi-scrap elements from my old desktop to the EHD and accessing them with the laptop.

My questions is... I see on Backblaze's website that they do backup EHDs. How does that work with laptops, which we close whenever we're not using them?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I am backing up my laptop & EHD with Mozy. It is slow going, but I try to leave the computer 'open' during the day and let the backup run then. And occasionally at night too, but then my virus protection is running and so it it really slow going. Make sure you have chosen just the files on you EHD that you want to be able to recover before you get started. I think I am within about a week of being done with the initial backup - and I have no idea when I started. LOL But slowly am getting there.

Like Sue, I use mozy for backing up my hard drive and EHD. I tend to leave my laptop running most of the time and the backup starts automatically after 20 minutes of inactively and runs in the background.

Archived